Procurement Senior Assistant
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Background Information - Job-specific
In 2014, UNOPS was engaged in the construction of eight pedestrian bridges in Shahgram, Bonyo, Phunkia, Budia Kamer, Oach, Muttly, and Gabral sites. In June 2015, an international design firm was commissioned to provide an initial review of the design documentation for the eight pedestrian bridges, including assembling a gap analysis of documents, initial review and report.
Due to changes in the adopted Design Standards additional works are now required to retrofit the bridges up to the standard required by UNOPS. These works along with the replacement of two of the original suspension bridges with higher capacity modular bridges will be carried out during 2020-2022
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The role of the Senior Procurement Assistant is to assist the Procurement Specialist and Project Manager in managing the day-to-day procurement needs. This position will be based in Islamabad but require close coordination with Project Manager and other staff at site
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Specialist and under the guidance from the Head of Support Services, the Procurement Senior Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support in the management of a variety of procurement and contracting processes and /transactions for goods, services and works for the Business Unit.
Functions/Key Results Expected
- Administrative Procurement Support Services
- Client Relationships / Stakeholder Management
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Administrative Procurement Support Services
- Provides a variety of specialized and non-specialized transactional support services, ensuring consistency and quality of work steps completed, as well as optimal information flow:
- Assist in drafting bidding documents, evaluation reports and contract award submissions, ensuring consistency in format and content.
- Process procurement transactions in UNOPS’ corporate system OneUNOPS;
- Assist in execution of procurement processes throughout the procurement cycle.
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
- Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and inform clients.
- Monitor expenditures against allocations.
- Receive, review, log and route incoming communication and procurement requests/invoices.
- Prepare reports, tables, charts etc. applying technical skills and knowledge in formatting and presentations.
- Prepare Statistics and reports, including on Procurement volume.
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor;
- Publish procurement advertisements and awards.
- Maintain status reports on procurement activities and work in progress.
- Any other tasks allocated by line manager
Client Services Client Relationships / Stakeholder Management
- Actively work with clients to provide and exchange information on a variety of issues in procurement processes and transactions, to deliver correct and timely services.
- Provide standardized procurement services, guidance and information to staff of the Business Unit on routine processes and procedures
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement QA or Knowledge Management issues on behalf of the supervisor and inform supervisor of status.
- Administratively supports the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on procurement
Impact of results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Procurement Senior Assistant affect the work completion of the relevant business unit/s, project activities, procurement and contract management support services, impacting the timely and effective implementation of the respective services and deliverables. This ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and Business Unit as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information - Pakistan
UNOPS commenced operations in Pakistan in 1999 and significantly up-scaled activities from 2005 onwards to support populations affected by and vulnerable to earthquakes. In 2010, UNOPS opened a permanent office in Islamabad to support the Government of Pakistan and other partners to undertake humanitarian and reconstruction services, following the most devastating flood in the nation’s history.
UNOPS Pakistan has been implementing projects in the areas of early recovery and reconstruction of community infrastructure, project management and related monitoring and verification, community development, fund management, and procurement. Supported strategically by a regional operational hub and UNOPS headquarters in Copenhagen and within the overarching framework of the ONE UN Programme, UNOPS Pakistan continues to deliver projects across the country under its core delivery practices of sustainable infrastructure, sustainable procurement, and sustainable project management. UNOPS is based in Islamabad and has a provincial office in Peshawar.
How to apply:
Apply online on UNOPS Job site using the link below
Apply to Job