Private Sector Engagement Specialist | Sri Lanka | 2021
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics seeks a Private Sector Engagement Specialist for the anticipated USAID Climate Change Adaptation Activity in Sri Lanka and the Maldives. The project aims to enhance the adaptive capacities of the public and private sectors and local communities in the Maldives and Sri Lanka to climate change impacts in ways that contribute to sustained, inclusive market-based growth. This position will be based in Sri Lanka. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
· Provides technical advice on improved private sector and industry practices
· Collaborate with partner private sector associations
· Promotes private sector engagement with local government and other stakeholders to implement sustainable climate solutions
· Identifies investment needs for private sector to innovate, scale, and adopt climate change adaptation practices
· Informs adaptive management for achieving expected results
· Facilitates market linkages between market actors along key value chains
· Advanced degree in economics, business administration, finance, international development or another field related to private sector engagement
· Extensive experience and established networks with local, regional, and international private sector actors in the climate change adaptation, natural resources, tourism, and/or fisheries supply chains or other relevant sectors
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with stakeholders including businesses and market actor organizations.
· Demonstrated ability to build a mutual understanding among, and productive, sustainable linkages between market actors
· Excellent interpersonal skills, management skills, resourcefulness, flexibility, creative problem-solving skills
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, orally and in writing
· Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
· Fluency in English and Sinhalese or Tamil
How to apply:
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Private Sector Engagement Specialist- Sri Lanka” in the subject line to SriLankaMaldivesCCRecruit@chemonics.com by March 11, 2021 . No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Apply to Job