Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Develop and implement annual MEAL plan for Kenya programmes, support technical field teams to develop annual MEAL plans for their area of operations. Ensure MEAL plans are updated and followed.
· Ensure accurate, verified data reporting to all donors across all projects, including managing a country level Indicator Performance Tracking Tool (IPTT)
· Lead DRC Kenya country office in developing and rolling out the regional online MEAL database in all programmes
· Organize and conduct field data gathering and verification exercises, and provide reports and analysis
· Take part in and carry out assessments, evaluations and any other form of internal survey or review of projects
· Capacity build, train and support sectors and field staff to improve field monitoring and verification
· Develop shared tools and methods to improve data collection and support teams to use these tools on all project activity levels. Support MEAL coordinators in consortia to review and approve any MEAL tools developed by Pamoja field teams.
· Work with and support the country programmes to institutionalize theory of change thinking as an organising framework for improving programme design, implementation, evaluation and learning processes
· Responsible for MEAL in all business development e.g. project specific MEAL strategy, Theory of Change, Results Framework etc.
· Act as the MEAL focal point for DRC Kenya in consortia, with other organisations, with donors and external parties
· Support the administration of and training in Information Management Systems at field and country level (GBVIMS, CPIMS+/Primero, etc.)
· Provide line management and MEAL technical leadership to the country office MEAL team, additional technical leadership to MEAL staff in field implementation teams, and collaboration with MEAL coordinators in consortia
· Take the lead in supporting external evaluation consultancies
· Be the focal person for M&E stakeholders
· Coordinate the design and implementation of accountability systems across the country programme
· Build the capacity of all staff to plan and implement effective accountability systems
· Set-up new / strengthen existing community feedback and response mechanisms as needed
Learning and project quality
· Develop and lead the implementation of a country-wide Learning Agenda
· Lead country level Quarterly Review Meetings and bi-annual Learning Events
· Participate in project Kick-off meetings, review meetings and Close-out meeting in order to highlight components aimed at replicating good practices and strengthening synergies
· Regularly present key MEAL findings to the ESMT as part of project review processes at country and field level
· Support the organisation’s aim for further strengthened integrated programming and actively propose ways of achieving these using MEAL findings.
· Perform other duties as directed by the Heads of Programmes
How to apply:
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. Please remember to upload both a letter of application and your CV and do not attach any written recommendations.
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 22 February, 2021
Apply to Job