NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Badael’ s Mission
To foster transformative justice as the foundation for real and sustainable peace in Syria, by supporting organic civil society development and promoting discourses and narratives within and around the Syrian context that are rights-based, pluralistic, inclusive and that facilitate holistic truth and understanding.
MEAL Officer | MLO
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer manages information and reporting processes and products to ensure professional, high-quality communication about Badael’s programmatic activities and results. The MEAL Officer will also play an important role in improving information management and data quality, and in strengthening knowledge sharing and learning across the organization and with the international humanitarian and development communities. The MEAL Officer will assume responsibility for full-cycle monitoring and evaluation of Badael ’s programs, developing appropriate methodologies and tools to design evaluations.
Duration: 4 months with the possibility of extension.
Employment type: Independent Contractor.
a. Develop the overall framework for project M&E systems in collaboration with program team and relevant management staff, including requirements, reporting, baseline, and evaluation surveys; develop and monitor project management plan to systematically document performance
b. Contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities.
c. Maintain existing indicator tracking tools; develop additional databases and tracking tools as needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
d. Analyze data for accuracy, flag validation or quality issues, and contribute to system fixes.
e. Ensure quality and timely submission of regular reports; manage preparation of additional reports for donors as required.
f. Generate monthly indicator reports for tracking progress against key indicators as needed.
g. Ensure a unified approach to partner self-assessment and programmatic close-out reporting.
h. Conduct field visits for data validation and to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets; coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data; capture and document lessons learned; and champion the scaling up best practices.
i. Provide technical leadership and support to project staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting; provide training as needed.
j. Support the development, design, and writing of proposals and concept notes for related programming information management and reporting.
k. Edit content and presentation of all reporting and deliverables before submittal to ensure superior quality and professionalism.
l. Contribute to developing and reporting of project reviews, assessments, surveys, and other analytic or evaluation processes and products.
Bachelors in Social Sciences, or any of the relevant fields
· At least 2 years’ experience in Program Design and Development, Program Monitoring and Evaluation, and Capacity Building.
· Demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analytical techniques.
· Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal training.
· Demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative methods including questionnaire design, survey techniques and participatory approaches.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
· Ability to write very good quality reports in English is required.
· Computer proficiency in word processing, Power Point, database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations (including one or more of the following programs: Excel, Access Epi Info, SPSS, ODK), and other internet applications.
How to apply:
Please send the CV and the cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with tittle: MEAL Officer
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Due to the urgency of the position, candidates that can begin ASAP will be prioritized.
Apply to Job