Livelihoods and Food Security Programme Development Manager (Severodonetsk, Ukraine)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The purpose of the Programme Development Manager is to be responsible design, develop and implement LFS programme/project in a small and medium size Country Operation. This role can only be added when the country programme is not large enough to have both CC Specialist and CC Project manager.
The purpose of the LFS PDM position is threefold:
Build the technical and managerial capacity of local staff members for the nationalization of LFS and cash activities.
Strengthen and streamline the management of cash-based interventions and market-based programming as part of NRC programme responses;
Assist people we work with to be actively involved in sustainable practices building more resilient food and agricultural systems, improving food security, nutritional diets, livelihood opportunities, income and well-being;
Develop the LFS Core Competency strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs.
Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines.
Responsible for quality programme development and management including funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports.
Overall management of assigned project staff.
Coordinate and manage LFS CC project implementation and LFS components of integrated projects (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Contribute to the institutionalization of cash-based interventions and market-based livelihoods programmes though capacity building and interdepartmental engagement.
- Build the capacity of LFS PM and provide all necessary tools to ensure that cash and livelihoods programmes are implemented with quality and in a timely manner according to grant and other contractual agreements.
- Build the capacity of LFS PM and LFS coordinators to conduct livelihood vulnerability analysis across CCs to inform joint programme responses.
- With support from and in coordination with M&E, build the capacity of the LFS PM and LFS coordinators to ensure that market assessments, price monitoring, large scale beneficiary assessments, PDM surveys, and end line surveys are implemented.
- Build the capacity of LFS PM and LFS Coordinators to ensure the effective use of data and an evidence based approach in programme design/response.
- Work closely with Head of Programme to conduct in-depth analysis of Cash & LFS data.
- Design and promote innovative programmatic approaches and activities that can be piloted and expanded for cash and LFS initiatives.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- LFS Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrated capacity at building the capacity of program managers and other local middle-level staff for the implementation of cash and livelihoods programmes.
- Demonstrated experience with cash programmes is required. Additional experience on market based urban and/or rural livelihoods programmes, in particular private sector, is desirable.
- Master’s degree or similar in relevant field of business development, economic recovery or related field of expertise
- Experience in developing professional networks, partnerships and externally representation is required
- Demonstrated understanding of M&E processes and reporting associated to cash responses required.
- Experience with overseeing start-up and implementation of large projects, including setting up teams, donor reporting, budgeting, writing SOPs.
- Experience in the design and implementation of market assessments, LMAs, and value-chain analysis.
- Knowledge of Russian / Ukrainian language and familiarity with the Ukranian context is an asset.
For the full job description click on the following link
What we offer:
· Type of contract:** 12 months’ local employment contract
· Salary/benefits: According NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
· Duty station:** Severodonetsk, Ukraine
· Travel:** 30% across Ukraine
· Salary and Benefits: Based on the NRC scale
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
How to apply:
Apply before deadline, 28th February, via our website
Apply to Job