KSEIP Project Implementation Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Employer: Village Enterprise
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development/Social Entrepreneurship
Function: Project Management
Job Title: KSEIP Project Implementation Manager**
Position Type: Full time
Duration: 2 Years (Subject to performance and availability of funds)**
Reports to: Vice President of Africa Operations**
Location: Nairobi with frequent travel to Makueni, Murang’a, Taita Taveta, and Kisumu**
Organization Overview: Village Enterprise’s mission is to end extreme poverty in rural Africa through entrepreneurship and innovation. Village Enterprise targets the poor, provides business training, seed capital/startup funds, and on-going mentoring to over 10,000 new entrepreneurs to start 3,000 enterprises each year. Since its inception in 1987, Village Enterprise has started over 40,000 micro-enterprises.
About the Job:
The Government of Kenya with funding from the World Bank has contracted the GDI Led Consortium (comprised of GDI, BOMA Project, and Village Enterprise) to provide technical assistance to support the implementation of the economic inclusion pilot under the Kenya Social and Economic Inclusion Project (KSEIP).
The Department of Social Development (DSD) in the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection together with the GDI led Consortium aims to test economic inclusion interventions in five pilot counties (Kisumu, Makueni, Marsabit, Murang’a, and Taita Taveta) to establish good practices and a replicable model for potential future scale-up in Kenya. The overarching goals of the 3-year project are: i) to create improved social and economic outcomes for 7,500 extreme poor in 5 Counties, and ii) support the State Department of Social Protection to have the capacity and tools to lead and scale Economic Inclusion in Kenya.
The KSEIP Project Coordinator will be responsible for guiding the high-quality implementation of Village Enterprise’s graduation model. The Project Coordinator is a key member of the Project support and implementation team and will contribute to ensuring overall planning, implementing, and managing of the KSEIP project.
Technical Direction and Program Quality
· Provides guidance and oversight to the County Program Managers and Mentor Supervisors on the implementation of Village Enterprise Ultra-poor Graduation Approach.
· Oversee and ensure quality and consistency of training of Village Enterprise Program
· Set program team direction by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve project goals and targets that contribute to KSEIP's overall impact goal.
· Train and coach field staff on graduation components of Village Enterprise.
· Serve as the direct line manager and supervisor for the field associates, with the overall responsibility for the program field team.
· Establish and maintain close working relationships with the community, local government, and non-government stakeholders, especially in support of ongoing program activities.
· Regularly conduct quality control visits to the field to identify areas for potential changes or course corrections, sharing out key findings with County Project Managers and leadership team.
· Ensure project team compliance with Village Enterprise and GDI's rules and regulations particularly concerning fiscal management and procurement
· Establish strong working relationships with the field staff and local authorities to maintain high levels of motivation and facilitate the completion of program tasks in a timely manner, within the allocated budget, in ways that maximize project impact
· Provide ongoing management and mentorship to program staff, including regular feedback, performance appraisals, staff development, and other management issues.
· In coordination with the HR and Administration Coordinator assist in the development of job descriptions, identification, recruitment, hiring, and technical onboarding of program staff.
Planning and Reporting
· In coordination with the Leadership Team prepare and manage the implementation of project work plans in fulfillment of project management plans and KSEIP’s strategic objectives and goals.
· Ensure alignment and inclusion with county work plans as well as participation in county stakeholder meetings/forums
· Coordinate development of timely required reporting and monitoring documents that meet GoK requirements to the National KSEIP TA Coordinator.
· In support of Village Enterprise as a learning organization, role model and promote a culture of collaboration, learning, and adaptation across the KSEIP project
· Proactively identify and share real-time learning from project implementation to inform potential changes in project design and support the influencing agenda
· Participate and share key learnings in county stakeholder forums
· Represent Village Enterprise as part of the GDI consortium with local government, program stakeholders, communities, and donors as required.
· Any other duties as required
Key Performance Metrics include:
· Timely, innovative, and high-quality implementation of Village Enterprise graduation model to achieve project outcomes
· Team members become increasingly effective and efficient implementers as a result of mentoring and coaching, driving impact and scale.
· Regular documentation of and communication with VPAOPs and other team members on proposed project changes
· Leadership and commitment to a culture of accountability and learning within the project team
· Village Enterprise becomes an increasingly significant player in the global graduation space as a result of innovative and effective implementation on the ground.
· Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to build and motivate a high performing leadership team and willingness to deal with challenges
· Demonstrated ability to manage programs to achieve impacts, on time, and comply with project requirements.
· Demonstrated ability to develop a culture of collaborative learning and adaptation within a project team.
· Excellent writing and communications skills in English and Kiswahili. Ability to work as part of a team (multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary, and inter-agency)
· Ability to travel and to work independently, even in harsh environments
· Ability to manage a large workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
· Highly organized team player, pro-active, and with demonstrated strong personal initiative and decision-making ability.
· Commitment to proactively sharing out project learnings, areas for potential course corrections to optimize project impact.
Education and Experience:
· Relevant university degree in Social Sciences, Community Development, Economics, or any other relevant field.
· Familiarity with or aptitude for collaboration, learning, and adaptation practices.
· Minimum of 4 years of mid to senior-level experience implementing graduation/economic inclusion, gender, and/or livelihoods programs.
· Experience managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple project partners.
· Strong project management, budget management and report writing skills
· Clear communication, presentation style, good interpersonal and diplomatic skills essential
· Proven experience in program design and management, including budgeting, financial management, donor relations, project design and proposal development, staff development and management, and monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility at Village Enterprise. However, the Project Coordinator is expected to escalate any safeguarding issues identified in the field to the HR Coordinator or the Director of Talent Management.
How to apply:
Here's the link to apply:
Apply to Job