Knowledge, Learning and Communications Specialist
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. The mission of Global Communities is to create long-lasting, positive, and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe. Global Communities has operations in countries in Africa, Americas, Asia, and Europe. Global Communities is launching its Year 3 implementation of the Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST program). Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities in seven governorates in Yemen. The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen.
The Knowledge, Learning and Communications Specialist is a key position in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) department of the YCST. Under the supervision and guidance of the MEL Director, s/he will implement and enhance the current system for gathering, interpreting and managing multiple forms of information and resources necessary for learning, along with managing knowledge generated and necessary for the successful implementation of the program. S/he will also work with the M&E and program team to ensure that information is shared and transformed into readily available knowledge that supports effective decision-making.
The Knowledge, Learning and Communications Specialist is expected to perform below responsibilities and any other duties as assigned by the MEL Director. These duties are representative of the nature of work and not all-inclusive.
- Play key role on accomplishing the quantitative and qualitative research to address the topics and themes identified in the Learning Agenda.
- Contribute to Identifying key accomplishments, learning opportunities, and findings to highlight through communications channels and products to increase the accessibility and utilization of project information.
- Organize and support learning workshops and events based on findings and lessons learned for stakeholders, in order to facilitate collaborative learning.
- Build capacity of the program staff to integrate learning into their work through face to face and training on methods such as: After Action Reviews, Peer Assists, feedback loops, World Café, etc.
- Contribute to knowledge and learning products including research publications, learning briefs, fact sheets, success stories, and case studies.
- Coordinate learning and adaptation workshops that will inform program design, throughout the life of the program.
- Support the Communication and Reporting Officer in compiling and preparing high-quality monthly reports, quarterly and annual reports, highlighting project progress towards performance targets, contextual updates and lessons learned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong writing and analytical skills with a proven track record in research and analysis, including managing data collection process (in a challenging conflict environment strongly preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required. Proficiency in Arabic is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage production of quality reports within tight timeframes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player with positive attitude and ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 – 5 years of experience or Master’s degree with 0 - 2years of experience (preferred) in economics, statistics, social sciences, international development, sociology, or related field required.
- Relevant experience in knowledge management, communications, M&E, organizational learning and/or strategic learning in an international development context (USAID programs preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in using a mix of informational sources and research methods to systematically analyze project progress, communicate findings to a range of external and internal stakeholders, and respond to learning questions.
An applicant or employee may request a reasonable accommodation at any time. Global Communities will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Essential functions include travel to areas with diverse cultures, unstable social economic environments, and difficult physical conditions that require physical endurance and mobility by foot. Employee must be able to travel independently.
How to apply:
Please apply at the Global Communities website: Knowledge, Learning and Communications Specialist in | Careers at Yemen (icims.com)
Apply to Job