Junior Finance Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to join our Finance Team in the role of a Junior Finance Manager.
Justdiggit (www.justdiggit.org) is a non-profit organisation working on landscape restoration in Africa to make a positive climate impact. We believe in the power of nature and that together, we can cool down the planet. So far, we’ve regreened over 60,000 hectares and brought back 5 million trees in Kenya and Tanzania but we’re not done yet!
In the next 10 years it is our ultimate goal to reach 350 million farmers and inspire & activate them to restore all degraded land on the African continent by combining traditional farming techniques with data and modern
An ambitious mission which we can only achieve with the right team. This is why we might be looking for you!
Due to the growth of Justdiggit, and to realize our ambition in the next 10 years, we are looking for a financial Jack of all trades to support the Finance Manager. HR and ICT are also the responsibility of the Finance Manager and you will provide support in area as well. However, your main task is finance.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will work in close collaboration with the Finance Manager and grow in your role as the organization grows. Your activities mainly consist of:
· Carrying out (most of) the accounting, including invoicing and preparation of payments
· Supporting the Finance Manager with:
preparing management and other reports
financial project reports
the budget cycle
maintaining the (cash flow) forecast
the audit activities by the auditor (annual accounts and project audits)
· Answering financial questions from donors
· Investigating how the administration can be further automated, and implementing this in collaboration with the Finance Manager
· Carrying out some activities in the field of HR and ICT
Required experience and skills
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive employee with a 'can do' mentality for 32 hours a week. We expect at least the following:
· You have affinity with Justdiggit's mission and have a positive attitude
· You work meticulously and show initiative
· You have completed a higher education (HBO or WO) in Finance, Accountancy, Business Economics or comparable
· You have strong analytical skills, you are flexible and you feel at home in a dynamic environment
· You have good Excel skills
· You are a native Dutch speaker and fluent in English (the language of communication is often English)
· You have 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience
We offer a challenging and diverse position in an entrepreneurial and enthusiastic organization with great colleagues. We also offer:
· A salary that is market-conform in our sector
· 25 vacation days per year (based on 40 hours per week)
· A contribution towards the costs of your mobile phone and an NS business card for commuting
· work in a monumental office in the heart of Amsterdam with good options for working from home
How to apply:
Justdiggit is committed to building a team that includes and welcomes people of different ethnicities, faiths, genders, sexual orientations, and other diverse backgrounds.
If this position resonates with you and you are convinced that you are a suitable candidate, please send your CV of maximum 2 pages plus motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 February 2021.
Apply to Job