Japan Communications Associate
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
About UN University
For the past four decades, UNU has been a go-to think tank for impartial research on the pressing global problems of human survival, conflict prevention, development, and welfare. With more than 400 researchers in 13 countries, UNU’s work spans the full breadth of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, generating policy-relevant knowledge to effect positive global change. UNU maintains more than 200 collaborations with UN agencies and leading universities and research institutions across the globe. For more information please visit http://unu.edu.
Working under the supervision of the Head of Communications and under the guidance of the Japan Communications Specialist and other Office of Communications staff, the Japan Communications Associate will:
- Assist in managing UNU’s website presence in Japanese on https://jp.unu.edu and https://ourworld.unu.edu/jp/.
- Translate, where appropriate, English material into Japanese and coordinate English/Japanese translations. Assist in editing and proofreading Japanese content.
- Propose and facilitate the creation of UNU Japanese-language marketing materials as needed.
- Collaborate to propose, develop, and coordinate UNU outreach events and activities, both online and onsite, to raise the overall presence of UNU in Japan. Give presentations about UNU to raise awareness of the organization’s activities.
- Co-manage, grow and monitor UNU’s Japanese social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter). Draft strategies and campaigns to increase followership, engagement, and overall influence in Japan. Propose additional platforms for potential outreach in Japan.
- Assist in the redesign and development of UNU’s web platform from a Japanese language perspective.
- Assist in other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in communications, marketing, journalism, international relations or a related field
- Exemplary Japanese and English reading, speaking and writing skills
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience including managing social media accounts
- Event marketing experience in Japan is desired
- Excellent computer skills and web literacy
- Detail-oriented, dependable and a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
How to apply:
- A cover letter, one in English and one in Japanese, detailing how your qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position, and what specific contributions you can make to the organisation
- A curriculum vitae (CV)
- An indication of the reference number of the vacancy announcement (2021/UNU/HQ/OC/PSA/JCA/11).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
Apply to Job