NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
To support the Main Office and North West Syria teams with all the IT support needs including both Hardware and Software and ensure strong continuity of systems, programs and Data
Support the delivery of effective Programmes, in both development and humanitarian contexts, by:
* Responsible for all the IT operations in the Syria Response office Main Office.
* Roll Out all new global IT policies and/or initiatives as requested by the Regional Office IT team (10-15% of time)
* Provide remote support to the North West Syria (Turkey) team from Amman and travel to provide in person support as necessary (20-25%)
* Perform necessary user services and support to all SCI staff including (Hardware/Software troubleshooting, staff supervision and devices instalment and fixing like Printers-ADSLs-Fax-Photocopiers).
* Apply all the IT Policies and make sure the IT Focal points and contractors are trained on how to apply that polices and they have had suitable training on that.
* Give training for staff training on any new systems or polices.
* Help the logistics/Program staff in any technical/IT related purchase by specify the minimum requirement in the PRs and analysing offers in any technical purchase committee
* Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of crisis or emergency.
* Commitment to serving members and their donors, and to helping build a culture of member service throughout organisation.
* Monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks
* Installing and configuring computer systems
* Provide IT support to finance, and software used by finance such as Agresso and other Software.
* Providing IT support
* Provide technical and logistical support for meetings and presentations
* Setting up new users
* Monitor backup jobs and ensure high level of completion success rate.
* Provide quality control over design and content including compliance to SC branding policy and ensure technical performance
* Assist staff in creating, editing or converting audio, video, and presentation files
* Creating email accounts and updating the Global mailing list for Syria Response Office
* Support and Help IT Department in reviewing/tracking IT Inventory.
* Conduct other Ad-hoc IT duties as requested by Finance & IT Director.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Education: CS/CIS
* Experience: at least 3 years
* English language it should be very good
* Excellent IT skills including experience with all Microsoft packages, Agresso, Windows Server
* Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English
* Ability to provide remote technical support
* Proactive in identifying and resolving challenges
* Should have no difficulties for travelling within region. i.e. Jordan, Turkey, Lebanon, Iraq.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector (if you prefer to add a specific salary range please do).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: Apply Here
Apply to Job