Infection and Prevention Control (IPC) Instructor
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
VIYAN Organization is looking for an Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Instructor in Ibn-Sina Hospital, Mosul to implement and supervise an infection control training program according to MoH and WHO protocols and guidelines.
This is a challenging position that will include numerous trainings on site. If you are interested in such opportunity and that you are ready to assume the following responsibilities, we will be glad to receive your application and integrate you in our program team.
- In collaboration with the project team, maintaining and supporting the day-to-day implementation of the standard precautions in Ibn-Sina hospital including providing technical supervision, training, and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance.
- Ensuring that environmental standards in the hospital are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations, etc.) and together with the hospital management and the project manager, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures.
- As member of the Infection Control Committee, participating in and supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility and participating in the associated HR processes (e.g., recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development, and communication) to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Conduct regular trainings on WHO hand hygiene practices, prevention of surgical site infections, WHO guidelines on IPC to combat antimicrobial resistance, Injection safety practices, prevention practices of catheter-associated urinary tract infections.
- Conduct periodic evaluations of the effectiveness of training programme.
- Preparation of training materials in coordination with DoH team.
Support the IEC developer in designing and developing appropriate IEC material such as posters, brochures, videos, social media posts, etc. and ensure that all program communications materials adhere to branding guidelines - Implementation of the program’s information dissemination and communication strategy at all levels, Government, Donors/Partners, Community, and other stakeholders.
Preferable: Previous working experience in the field of IPC; working experience in hospitals, experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit is an asset
- Nursing or Public Health diploma (desirable IPC diploma).
- at least 2 years of professional experience in IPC in hospital settings.
- Arabic / English language (speaking and writing).
- Based in Mosul.
- Proficiency in MS Office package including MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Proactively develop new ways to resolve problems and actively share relevant information.
- Able to communicate clearly and confidently with people from different backgrounds.
- A time player, able to work under pressure and able to multi-task.
- Flexible, hardworking, honest and trust worthy.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the e-mail address
The application must include a maximum 2-page Updated CV.
As the subject of the e-mail should be named with the position name "IPC Instructor ".
VIYAN Organization reserves the right of starting the interviews with selected candidates before the closing date.
Apply to Job