Human Resources Officer - AZAZ
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in North West Aleppo both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The HR And Admin Officer (HRO) under the line management of Field Human Resource Manager, HRO will develop, advise on and implement policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organisation. The aim is to ensure that the organisation employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that training, and development opportunities are available to employees to enhance their performance and achieve the GOAL’s organisational aims. The post holder will also be the key focal point for payroll, contracts, Ethics & Compliance policies and ensure GOAL policies are followed and implemented.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Support the line managers in HR issues and provides technical advice in line with the Goal Syria HR policies & Manual;
- Maintain the HR Department’s filing system and ensure that all personnel files are up to date and complete in coordination with the HR manager
- Provide reports to the HR Manager on a regular basis to agreed format.
- Develop training plan and strategy for the team training and facilitating.
- Provide support to the senior recruiter on the recruitment process when required.
- Support in advertising, receiving applications, short-listing, scheduling interviews.
- Ensure all staff have up to date contracts, extensions, and change of statuses in adherence to personnel policies and keep HR Manager.
- Ensure all staff whose contracts are not going to be renewed are informed at least one month prior to the end of their current contract.
- Supervising the HR and training assistants and managing them regarding to the contracts.
- Maintain leave plan for all local staff and update monthly
- In consultation with line managers, ensure that there is cover for staff going on leave
- Keep paper and soft copies of all approved leave requests.
- Line management for the subordinates he/she supervises.
- Ensure a high standard filling system
- Ensure time sheets are properly prepared and accurate.
- Provide reports to the HR manager on a regular basis to agreed format.
- Ensure all new staff receive their GOAL IDs on time.
- Network with the HR Officers from other NGOs to keep informed of HR-related issues.
- Ensure HR Manager is informed about any HR issues which could impact on security or be detrimental to programme activities.
- Any other duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management and/or Business Administration or any other relevant major.
- At least 3 years of experience in Human resources, administration, or a similar role. Experience in working with INGO an advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with policies, protocols, and procedures of international NGO’s and donor agencies
- Good level written English and fluent in written and spoken Arabic, knowledge of Turkish an advantage.
- Staff management experience and good inter-personnel skills
- Good trained in Performance appraisal System
- Report/proposal writing skills
- Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the programme
- Diplomatic with a strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Team player
- Computer literate
- Creative and open to learning.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 24-Feb-21 .
Apply to Job