Human Resources Manager
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Reporting to the Country Director and working closely with the Senior Management Team, the Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible to support CMMB’s mission by providing efficient and effective HR service for the Country Office. They will be responsible for managing the full HR cycle that includes recruitment, new-employee orientation, performance management, employee relations, staff benefits & payroll, HR database management, staff training and development. They will ensure that the Country Office HR programs are implemented in compliance with the South Sudan Labor Laws/Employment Act and CMMB’s organizational policies and procedures. The HR Manager will provide organizational development and capacity building support to CMMB’s local implementation partners in the areas of HR systems development and staff training.
The HR Manager supervises the South Sudan HR team and ensures that individual performance objectives are developed, constructive and timely performance evaluations are provided, learning and development opportunities are facilitated, and daily workflow of the HR department are overseen. The HR Manager liaises with the Global HR team to ensure the Country Office HR programs are aligned with global policies and standards.
· Provide day-to-day direction in all aspects of HR management including management of TCN and National employees.
· Assume responsibility for reviewing of HR guidelines, policies, and procedures.
· Serve as the designated expert on the interpretation of human resource policies issues.
· Develop and implement HR elements for emergency response, staff safety and security.
· Responsible for management and timely action for employment contracts, and benefits administration for South Sudanese and TCN employees.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Establish and manage effective and transparent recruitment systems and processes enabling CMMB to attract and recruit qualified candidates in a timely fashion.
· Collaborate with hiring managers and manage the recruitment process.
· Advertise vacant positions, maintain a data bank of received applications. prepare shortlists of candidates, conduct interviews in liaison with hiring managers.
· Conduct reference check for successful candidates and provide documented reports.
· Plan and conduct orientation for all new staff.
· Prepare employment contracts and facilitate probation evaluation.
· Liaise with relevant government agencies and other bodies on employment related issues.
· Ensure new staff submit on time complete pre-employment requirements and forms.
· Develop job descriptions for new positions and update existing ones, as necessary.
· Prepare recruitment reports.
Staff Benefits & Payroll Management:
· Ensure the Country Office compensation and benefits package is regularly updated and understood by all staff.
· Manage staff benefits in line with the HR manual and compliance with local labor laws.
· Preparing monthly payroll amendment memo and coordinating the monthly payroll with Finance office.
· Support Finance & Administration team during salary payments and ensure pay slips are issued monthly.
· Oversee other staff welfare and social activities in the country office.
Staff Database Management & Filing:
· Undertake the implementation of the new HR Information System (SAGE) and ensure regular maintenance for data accuracy, privacy, and security.
· Maintain organized physical filing system of employee personnel files as per the HR handbook for all staff.
· Maintain leave records and updating leave tracker.
· Ensure that staff employment contracts are up to date.
· Prepare regular HR reports.
· Conduct the HR FILE AUDIT checklist on quarterly basis to ensure that personnel files are complete, organized, and secured.
Staff Welfare, Disciplinary Actions and Grievances:
· Serve as the Country Safety and Security Focal Point ensuring the safety and well-being of CMMB staff and coordinating all health and safety activities.
· Plan annual staff welfare activities geared towards mental health wellness, team bonding and increased productivity.
· Participate in investigation and disciplinary hearings as required.
· Advise managers in dispute and conflict resolution.
· Conduct regular staff orientation and training on CMMB’s HR programs (e.g. employee handbook, Child safeguarding Policy, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), prevention of harassment, code of conduct, etc.)
· Conduct exit interviews analyze findings and submit recommendation to reduce staff turnover.
· Facilitate exit clearance in liaison with line managers and other departments.
· Liaise with Finance Team to calculate terminal benefits and issue service certificates.
· Ensure proper documentation of exit protocols and closure of employee files.
Policy & Procedures:
· Ensure all staff read and understand all policies and procedures, handle any queries regarding the policies.
· Provide interpretation and advise to line managers on labor laws application.
· Ensure Gender Equality and Diversity policies cut across recruitment policies, workplace policies and succession management.
· Establish and/or maintain partnerships with the Ministry of Labor at National and State level, as well as the NGO Forum HR Working Group, among others.
· Advise staff and line managers on CMMB’s performance management process and tools.
· Track completion of performance objectives and reviews for all staff and submit regular status update to the Country Director.
· Ensure that all newly hired staff have completed probationary performance reviews.
· Support the Country Director in supporting talent development and internal career succession.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Administration, Management, or any other relevant field, with at least 3 years in a senior capacity experience at senior level role in a non-profit organization.
· Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management with at least 5 years’ experience at senior level role in a non-profit organization.
· Proven knowledge and direct experience in the following areas: recruitment, compensation and benefits, employee relations and communications, performance management and HR practice.
· Thorough understanding of South Sudan labor laws.
· Ability to coordinate and prioritize conflicting assignments.
· High sense of professionalism and confidentiality.
· Tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive issues.
· Proficiency in using MS Office packages.
· High level of interpersonal and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a multicultural team.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to CMMBSouthSudanJobs@cmmb.org indicating position applied for on the subject line. Include telephone and email contacts of 3 references and your daytime telephone/cell phone contact. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position is critical to our mission and vision and so thank you for your interest in joining CMMB’s diverse, talented, professional and motivated team in South Sudan and contribute to achieving CMMB’s mission and vision.
Apply to Job