NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a human resources (HR) intern for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order One (TO 01) in Northwestern Nigeria. SHARP TO 01 will implement accelerated scale-up of interventions and cost-effective innovations to improve access to and quality of HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery, while strengthening the national health system in the Northwestern states of Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto and Zamfara. The program will support HIV testing services, HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, laboratory services, and health systems strengthening. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Please note the intern may work a maximum of 40 hours per week. The intern will be provided a monthly stipend to cover meals and transportation through the duration of the assignment. Interns will not be offered any additional benefits or allowances.
- Support the coordination of interviews and collation of interview scores.
- Book meeting rooms for meetings, interviews, and events.
- Sorting an arranging of biodata salary verification documents
- Scanning and filing of HR documents such as personnel files/folders, recruitment documentation, appraisals etc. and ensure all SharePoint files are up to date.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Operations with the onboarding and offboarding of project staff.
- Support the timesheet process during payroll.
- Support the HR team with coordination of staff benefits and leave.
- Submit, check-in and retrieve HR documents submitted for signatures/approvals.
- Update the project organizational chart and personnel tracker as needed and under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Share project email account information with project staff and troubleshoot account issues.
- Assist with tracking progress, deadlines, and priorities for the team.
- Prepare certificates of recognition, service etc.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in any social science field.
- Must be able to provide proof of completion of a one-year youth service through National Youth Service Corps.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment; personable, able to pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Nigeria is preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required.
This position is open to applicants who are cooperating country nationals (CCNs) and eligible to work in the country of Nigeria. CCN is defined as a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
How to apply:
Please apply by February 28, 2021 through https://nigeriasharp.formstack.com/forms/hr_intern. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only Nigeria SHARP recruit in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf
Apply to Job