HIVOS EOI: STTA Technical Consultant (Renewable Energy)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For its Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
Title : STTA Technical Consultant (Renewable Energy)
Duty Station : Jakarta – Indonesia
Number of Position : 1 position
Report to : Demonstration Strand Lead
Duration : 10 (Ten) months – March to December 2021
In December 2019 Hivos together with Palladium as lead contractor awarded a four-year partnership agreement under Indonesia Low Energy Transition Program (MENTARI) funded by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The program main goal is focusing on renewable energy as a transformative platform for green and inclusive economic growth in Eastern Indonesia through:
Improved Policy and Regulation. Peningkatan Kebijakan dan Regulasi
Brokered Investment. Investasi Pialang
Demonstration Projects, and Proyek Demonstrasi, dan
Collaboration and Networking. Kolaborasi dan Jaringan.
One of Hivos main roles is delivering a sustainable model of a village-based renewable energy project in Sumba that support local productive activities and increase the community’s social-economic livelihood condition. The off-grid demonstration project (technology, business model, PuE, management and inclusivity) is set as an example for replication and input to off-grid policy recommendation and public-private investment.
The STTA - Technical Consultant (Renewable Energy) falls under the supervision of and reports to the Demonstration Strand Lead.
Roles and responsibilities
The STTA Consultant is expected to deliver the output as per agreed Scope of Work as described below :
- Pre-Feasibility Study for Productive demand. To maximise the utilisation of the PV load, MENTARI is seeking a consultant to explore existing data gathered from the baseline and feasibility study and other relevant research to write a feasibility study for demand load through productive use of energy for Mata Redi Village. The feasibility study should cover
· Commodity and technology intervention options including but not limited to improving local agriculture products through better irrigation, heating or drying process, packaging and others along the supply chain. Other technologies to support women businesses, education and health sector.
· Design factsheet, operation, diagnosis and troubleshooting manual
· In collaboration with financial expert to develop a business model for load demand interventions covers capital expenditure, operational expenditure, load prediction and pricing scheme
· Provide list of range of AC and DC technologies that customers can get from Indonesian market especially appliances that has energy efficiency rating
Involve in tender process including drafting of term sheet, tender specification, tender evaluation and monitoring, and O&M contract
Design/ provide feedback on training curriculum for local operators
Design troubleshooting and diagnosis guideline for PV off-grid to be used in training for local operators
Monitoring progress of permit and licensing process, installation and commissioning, and provide feedbacks to reduce any identified risks that could set back the project progress. This might require travel to the field from time to time
Involve in important technical meetings with partners and government bodies such as EBTKE, DJK, and PLN
Assist BUMDES in operation and maintenance stage of the project
How to apply:
To apply for this position please submit your CV, Cover letter and Consultant Rate to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22 February 2021.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘MENTARI STTA-Technical Consultant RE) in the ‘subject’ line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/
Apply to Job