NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
If you’re an experienced international development practitioner, had your fair share of international travel and field experience, and want to continue to contribute your expertise in international development, this role is for you!
For you to successfully lead the Grants Portfolio, you’ll bring a passion to drive outcomes, have a knack for putting together robust project proposals and demonstrate resilience overcoming challenges by applying yourself, working collaboratively and thinking creatively.
You’ll fit perfectly within Cufa’s organisational culture if you’re a positive person with an unwavering work ethic to get the job done well and have a genuine commitment to assisting those in need in the Asia-Pacific region. Experience and ability to manage multiple priorities with ease and thinking innovatively with minimal supervision are essential.
Cufa’s vision is for communities in the Asia-Pacific region to be free from poverty through economic development and self-determination. Cufa is committed to achieving this through education, employment and enterprise opportunities. Our grassroots programs focus on facilitating the formation of credit unions, providing financial literacy training, livelihoods development and strengthening enterprises through entrepreneurship training.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Cufa is offering an opportunity for a dynamic self-starter to lead its Grants Portfolio to augment its funding streams. As a nimble and outcomes-focused NGO, Cufa’s Grant Writer will lead the design and development of technical and financial proposals for multilateral and unilateral development funding partners within Cufa’s thematic foci.
The Grants Writer will be responsible for crafting compelling and impact-focused proposals. To be successful in this role, you must have strong writing abilities including grammar and spelling, intrinsically enjoy writing and be able to synthesize important information succinctly. Experience in developing and writing robust funding proposals is highly desirable, including volunteer experience.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Advanced writing and editing skills. You are a wordsmith extraordinaire who will work each word and phrase to maximum advantage coupled with a keen eye for detail. You can demonstrate your craft by providing written samples of your work.
- Exceptional interpersonal capabilities including cross-cultural communication skills to communicate effectively with our local staff in Cambodia and Myanmar and build good relationships both internally and externally.
- Passionate about and know the ins and outs of the international development landscape.
- Driven and autonomous. You’re organized and have experience in working autonomously on a range of tasks and projects. You’re an all-rounder and uses initiative to do whatever it takes to get the job done. You also know when to seek guidance.
- Project management and meeting deadlines. You’ve got excellent project management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet tight, non-negotiable deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to assess and compare the relative merits of different grant applications.
- Proactive. You can think outside the square and take the initiative to explore new funding opportunities and partnerships, and review projects to identify aspects for improvement.
- Tertiary qualification in English, Journalism, Law, International Development or any other related field. Master’s degree highly desirable.
- Competency in using the Microsoft Suite is essential.
- The successful candidate must have the right to work in Australia.
- Cufa takes the protection of children very seriously and as an organization we expect all staff members to comply with our Child Protection Policy. The successful candidate will need to sign a Child Protection Code of Conduct, undergo referee checks, undergo a Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity and inclusion within our workforce.
How to apply:
Please submit a clear and concise concept note explicitly demonstrating how you meet the indicated selection criteria supported with an up-to-date résumé with relevant experience only to email@example.com using the subject line 'Grants Writer'. Your ability to achieve this is critical to determining your suitability and highly determinant if you’ll be successful in this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be filled before the closing date.
Apply to Job