NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Médecins du Monde is an international and independent medical NGO provides humanitarian relief and development aid to the most vulnerable, in more than 65 countries worldwide, in accordance with the principles of medical ethics and humanitarian aid.
Médecins du Monde Switzerland has been active for more than 20 years in the oPt and is one of three Médecins du Monde chapters currently operating there. Our teams work in close collaboration with the relevant authorities in the field of health, particularly mental health, and protection. MdM-CH and its partners focus on improving the psychosocial well-being of people exposed to trauma, with a special focus on youth and young adults.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION : East Jerusalem, West Bank and the Gaza Strip**Main mission of the position** : the quality of the implementation of MdM projects in oPt.
The candidate will report to the Head of International Programs in Switzerland.**
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Strategic vision: analyses the evolution of the context and leads the collaborative review and implementation of the 2021-2024 strategy and annual programmes of MdM-CH.
- Representation: represents the organization with Ministerial authorities, humanitarian and development partners, donors: identifies opportunities for new strategic partnerships, ensures the continuity of the collaboration; prepares and negotiates framework agreements and contracts and attends coordination meetings.
- Fundraising: identifies new funding opportunities with institutional and private donors to secure the mission’s financial stability and allow for future growth; prepares project proposals and negotiates contracts; ensures open communication and quality reporting to new and existing donors; follows-up on the mission’s funding plan and strategy.
- Project cycle management and MEAL: identifies gaps in the humanitarian response, conducts assessments and builds project proposals paying close attention to human rights, gender, and the environment; analyses partner’s needs for capacity building; promotes accountability and ownership of projects. Monitors the programme’s impact and suggests improvements in MEAL. Supports the conduct of evaluations and audits of projects.
- MdM network collaboration: ensures open and regular communication with the other MdM chapters, identifies opportunities for closer operational collaboration and resource sharing.
- Communication: spokesperson for the organization. Creates a pool of freelance professionals to collaborate with. Ensures the regular gathering and creation of communication materials, in accordance with internal rules and guidelines.
- Advocacy: supports the review and implementation of the advocacy strategy, in collaboration with stakeholders; takes the lead to elaborate messaging and materials whenever an advocacy issue arises.
- Admin/HR: manages the HR team. Ensures knowledge and compliance with local legislation and regulations, as well as with internal guidelines and protocols. Supervises the recruitment and onboarding of new personnel. Conducts yearly evaluations and sets objectives for the team. Coaches personnel and oversees career development.
- Finance: manages the finance team and oversees the financial management of the mission. Ensures knowledge and compliance with local legislation and regulations, as well as with internal guidelines and protocols. Coordinates the elaboration of yearly mission budgets and multi-year project budgets, and their revisions.
- Logistics: manages the logistics team. Ensures knowledge and compliance with local legislation and regulations, as well as with internal guidelines and protocols.
- Security: security focal point for the mission. Ensures the safety and security of the teams, constant collection and analysis of information, implementation and proactive revision of the organization’s security plan.
Academic : University Degree.
Complementary: Master in Humanitarian Action, Public Health, Gender and / or Development/Social Studies.
Language : High level of spoken and written English and French. Strong asset : Arabic.
Computer : Advanced office pack user level.
· Prior experience at project management and country coordination level mandatory.
· At least 3 in a coordination position with similar responsibilities.
· Proven experience liaising with donors.
· Proven experience managing the safety and security of teams.
· Knowledge of the humanitarian environment and international donors.
· Planning and project management.
· Proven experience managing teams of more than 3.
· Experience in the Middle East context and/or the oPt.
· Experience with a healthcare organization.
· Experience in remote management techniques.
How to apply:
APPLICATION DEADLINE : 15 February 20th
INPUT FUNCTION : June 2021 for at least 2 years
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary : selon grille salariale MdM Suisse.
CHF 3520 + valuation according to experience.
Medical expenses, repatriation and capitalization insurance paid for by MdM.
Lump sum : private accomodation, family allowances.
Send your CV and cover letter (in English or French) + copy of diplomas and contact details of 2 reference persons to firstname.lastname@example.org / Marie Wittwer Perrin, in charge of RH.
Apply to Job