Finance Manager - Lebanon
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The main objective for the Finance Manager position is to oversee financial setup according to NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation. The position holder will ensure that NRC Lebanon is well positioned to respond to current and future needs and shall demonstrate strong engagement and leadership in all major Finance actions while ensuring capacity building of Finance teams and budget holders across the entire country.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The main objective for the Finance Manager position is to oversee financial setup according to NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation. The position holder will ensure that NRC Lebanon is well-positioned to respond to current and future needs and shall demonstrate strong engagement and leadership in all major Finance actions while ensuring capacity building of Finance teams and budget holders across the entire country.
1. Generic Responsibilities:
- Ensure that country standard financial systems are established and maintained in line with NRC Financial Handbook, donor and local legislation requirements in order to provide appropriate levels of security and controls over the organization's resources and operations
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows, oversee budgeting and monitoring of direct and shared costs, provide cost analysis and make recommendations for determining effective resource utilization and no deficit
- Provide financial advice to the budget holders, ensure adequate support is provided to programs and support functions ensuring the alignment of resource allocations with organizational priorities at budgeting and implementation stages.
- Provide strong leadership to the Finance team in all offices whether with a direct line management or technical, ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired and retained.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete financial reporting and analysis that can be used for further improvement of service delivery and support informed decision making by Country Management Group
- Manage internal and external financial risks, highlight & resolve relevant issues with CMG
- Perform Country office, Area Office and project financial checks
- Ensure appropriate measures are taken to address audit findings and recommendations Oversee and be responsible of mainstreaming protection guidelines in the NRC’s related activities as per NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns reported are properly resolved.
2. Specific responsibilities
Oversee the implementation of all Finance related policies, procedures, strategies, and initiatives in coordination with the Finance team to ensure success, consistency, and compliance
- Update and review the Master Budget on regular basis to ensure that all funding gaps are covered
- Perform audit and compliance checks on all related Finance matters in all related offices and follow up on corrective measures as needed, perform quality control and compilation of area offices’ reports.
- Lead on the operational and accounting financial activities to ensure adherence with local legislations and compliance to NRC requirements
- Ensure that monthly accounting books closing is accurate and is done on time and in line with NRC financial Handbook.
- Develop internal management financial reports to be submitted to CMG and budget holders,
- Facilitate Monthly Budget versus Actual reporting for all NRC Lebanon projects and prepare forecast of income expenditures in coordination with Programme Staff as part of NRC board reports
- Elaborate, review and update Finance Standard Operating Procedures for NRC Lebanon when needed
- Update and follow up on financial standard requirements for Local Partners (develop checklists for control visits, standardized budget template, budget monitoring template, etc.)
- Conduct budget management trainings and provide orientation on finance matters to non-finance staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or any related field
Minimum 3-5 years of experience from working as a Senior Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
Experience of financial systems and structures development
Experience of leading Finance units during start-up, exit or emergency response phases of operation
Proficient in MS Excel and accounting systems
Fluent in English, written and verbal
2. Behavioral competencies
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Coping with change
Duty Station : Beirut, Lebanon
Travel: up to 30%
Type of contract: 12 months renewable based on funding and performance
Salary and Benefits: As per the NRC Grading Scale
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking on the below link
Apply to Job