FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Magenta is pleased to announce that we are hiring a Finance and Administration Officer.
Location: Based in Tunis, Tunisia
Reporting Manager: Commercial Manager
Fill date: January 2021
Salary: 800 – 1,000 USD/ Month depends on experience
Magenta is a Social and Behavioural Change research and communications agency, established by a multi-cultural team of development, research and behavioural change communications experts. We aim to make a positive impact to the way governments, institutional donors and development agencies achieve their policy and programme objectives. We combine the latest in behavioural science principles with a rigorous approach to strategy, campaign design and implementation. We help our partners to be more efficient, achieve scale and sustainability, and positive, long-lasting social change.
Magenta is split into three business units; Middle East, Asia (both based in Amman, Jordan) and Africa (based in Tunis). The primary responsibilities of the Finance and Administration Officer is to provide Finance Support across the company and to provide administrative support to the Africa team (currently 5 people).
The position will work under the guidance of the Commercial Manager (based in Amman) for all finance tasks, and will have some guidance from the Operations Manager (based in Amman) for Admin tasks. We are looking for an exceptional individual who is a fast learner, dynamic, organised and eager to continuously find ways to make things more efficient and productive for the Magenta team. Key will also be able to work remotely from day to day supervisor. This role has huge growth potential, in what is a fast-growing organisation.
· Prepare, record and enter all Magenta’s transactions (account receivables / payables) into accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics Business Central).
· Ensure compliance with Standard Accounting Principles, auditing requirement and Magenta policies and procedures.
· Reconciliation of accounts (Account Payable/ Receivable, vendors, bank, staff expenses, etc.) and preparation of reconciliation reports.
· Prepare payroll and calculation, deduction, and reconciliation of Income tax and social security. With assistance of HR.
· Support preparation of payments and monitoring cash in hand.
· Participat*e* in the month end closing.
· Support preparation of Business Strategy reports.**
· Provide assistance with all project finance-related issues, as required.
· Support in internal audits, compliance and financial review*s*.
· Support with dealing with the auditors to ensure a proper annual closure.
· Under the guidance of the Operations Manager, lead on the operational support of the small but growing Africa Team.
· Process and follow up on all administrative requirements of Africa staff, tickets, visas, accommodation, work permits, social security payment, residencies and health insurance.
· Research and book flights, ground transportation and accommodation, providing staff members with travel guidance.
· Maintain all office inventory, supplies and services, including payments for utilities and telecom.
· Assist in the implementation of Magenta policies and procedures.
· Maintain company data base i.e. vendors, suppliers and clients.
· Maintain staff, consultants and vendor records.
· Maintain filing system of all office, financial, administration and legal data.
· Ad hoc tasks as assigned by supervisor such as but not limited to updating the server, filing, drafting memos.
Requirements & Competencies
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field;
· 1-3 years professional experience ideally in finance and administrative role;
· Highly numerate, with strong commercial acumen;
· Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
· A strong desire to create an efficient and enjoyable working environment for others;
· Robust logic chain analytics and strong general analytical skills;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, French and Arabic.
· Demonstrated desire for excellence and an ability to inspire others to attain professional excellence;
· Innovation driven;
· Technological fluency;
· Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get hands dirty;
· Software familiarity: Office 365, Business Central
· Some long hours including evening and weekends to complete tasks or attend events
How to apply:
Apply by sending application to email@example.com with the subject Finance and Admin – NAME, before deadline of 10 Mar 2021. Applicants should submit CV and a cover letter in English, which should describe why the applicant wants to join the Magenta team and describe what makes her / him a strong asset.
Apply to Job