Final Evaluation Consultant
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is a US-based relief and development agency working in nearly 100 countries/territories to alleviate poverty and suffering. CRS programs are based on need and not religious affiliation, race, or nationality. CRS has been working in Cameroon since 1961, with the main office in Yaoundé, and covers all 10 regions of Cameroon with emergency or development projects. In the Northwest region, CRS has worked with its local partners in emergency response since 2018, after the beginning of the political and social unrest in Southwest (SW) and Northwest (NW) Regions.
CRS and its local partner are implementing a one-year (March 2020 – March 2021) emergency project in 4 subdivisions of the Mezam division, Northwest Region, Cameroon (Bamenda 1, 2, 3 and Santa). This project is funded by USAID/Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) and is providing food and non-food items to Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) and vulnerable host community households through e-vouchers. The project is coordinated from the CRS Bamenda local office, and all the project sites are accessible by vehicle.
CRS seeks a short-term consultant to support implementation of a final evaluation for the project and prepare the final evaluation report. The proposed objectives of this final evaluation are to evaluate the project’s achievements against indicators; to evaluate the project’s interventions/strategies in terms of relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact, and sustainability; and to identify and document key lessons learned. CRS estimates that the consultancy will require approximately one month of work from early March to early April 2021.
· Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Statistics, Project Management, or any other relevant field, coupled with relevant experience.
· Work experience: Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in program/project evaluation in emergency or food security. Experience in working in Cameroon is required.
· Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English is necessary. Knowledge of Pidgin language is desirable.
· Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods including survey design and analysis and key informant interview design and analysis.
· Experience designing and delivering training for enumerators.
· Develop, review, and finalize final evaluation qualitative data collection tools with CRS Cameroon MEAL Coordinator, Project Coordinator, and MEAL Senior Project Officer.
· Conduct a training of data collectors for qualitative data collection by preparing the agenda, preparing facilitation guides (including simulations/mock exercises to ensure that questions are administered appropriately) and resource material, and conducting the training, etc.
· Lead testing and finalize qualitative tools with CRS Cameroon MEAL Coordinator and MEAL Senior Project Officer based on the feedback received from testing with specific focus on ensuring that data collection tools capture the indicators appropriately and that evaluation questions can be adequately responded to.
· Conduct data analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data (quantitative data will be previously collected by the CRS project team and enumerators).
· Co-lead a participatory reflection on the initial evaluation findings with the project team to allow for further data interpretation and generation of lessons learned and recommendations.
Prepare the evaluation report and finalize the report based on feedback from reviewers
How to apply:
Application files including: Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: email@example.com specifying “Consultant Final Evaluation ACER Project” in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: February 19th, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Apply to Job