Expert on Renewable Energy for the Global Platform of Action (PoA) on Renewables
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Though the more specific TOR of the job will be finalised with the selected candidate, a few crucial areas will be at the core of the work:
· Works closely with the CAN Coordinator of the Platform of Action (PoA) on all issues
- Assist Civil Society Organisations and CAN members in developing policy approaches in their region on Clean Renewables
- Lead on developing a series of short background papers on Clean Renewables Policy
- Assist the CAN PoA Coordinator on Clean Energy policy formulation as a contribution towards the work on NDC enhancement and cooperate with CAN members and CAN working groups as appropriate
- Support CAN communicators on messaging on Clean Renewables across the various policy papers and CAN interventions
- Together with CAN and partner experts, support the development of a political global/regional strategy for the PoA that encourages the finance sector and the business community to significantly accelerate financing, implementing and purchasing Clean Renewables in next years
- Regularly communicate with the wider CAN and CSO community as appropriate
Applicants should be aware that this position is for one year only with a view to extension dependent on the renewal of funding.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A strong understanding of the work, policies and mission of CAN and a commitment to the global objective to not exceed the 1.5°C global warming objective in line with equity and a Just Transition
- A record of at least 3-5 years in network coordination capabilities with CSO or/and governments or/and financial or/and clean energy business sector. Experiences working with CAN and/or members is a clear advantage
- Experience of at least 2-3 years in communication and outreach, drafting/developing background papers on (clean) energy issues
- Willingness to coordinate meetings and exchanges with CAN and other Clean Renewables experts
- A proven commitment to promotion of ambitious renewable energy targets, legislation, financing and implementation in their specific environments and with organizations in that field
- A clear technical understanding of the role of Clean Renewables
- Familiarity with the broader and wider benefits and challenges of renewables, including but not limited to air pollution, energy poverty, renewable hydrogen, storage, grid expansion, legislation
- Good understanding of the specific energy requirements of the Global South with regard to Clean Renewables,
Education and professional qualifications:
● Highly experienced and high understanding of both, the political and technical scientific basis of crucial (renewable) energy topics**
● Work experiences in communicating with and coordinating CSO and other institutions on the expansion of Clean Renewable
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills, proven ability to meet projected deadlines.
● Ability to work independently and proactively and structure work days in a global team. **
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Motivated by supporting project partners and team members to deliver on goals and activities.
● Organized, high level of accuracy, and meticulous attention to detail.
● Ability to prioritize, adjust workload, juggle multiple assignments and meet or exceed deadlines.
● Able to synthesize information from multiple sources.
● Ability to display sensitivity to different cultures.
Excellent computer skills and professional user of MS Office Programmes.
Experience in working with online based project and team management tools including digital communication platforms such as Zoom, Skype, G-Suite, and others.
· Excellent English writing and speaking skills. Other international languages would be great advantage.**
· Ability to travel internationally
How to apply:
· Send a motivation letter and CV as one PDF file to email@example.com, with subject line: PoA - Expert
· The deadline for applications is 1st March 2021 COB.
· Please, no telephone inquiries. Based on the expected large interest in this position and limited capacity, only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
· CAN is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to make positions accessible to all regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, age, disability, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion, marital or parental status, etc.
Apply to Job