NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organization has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate and Norther Aleppo , both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The Emergencies Program Assistant will be working closely with the Emergencies Team and will be helping in managing and maintaining databases. S/He will give support to the Emergencies Team in managing both implementation activities and preparing the documents required for the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in monthly Cluster reports for (FS, S/NFI, CWG and CCCM) and other related reports.
- Ensure Emergency related trackers are updated on regular basis for GOAL and Partners.
- Tracking Donations in Kind coming from donors.
- Keep a constant communication with the field teams on any changes to the response plans and inform the emergency manager and coordinator accordingly.
- Responsible for constant communication with Emergencies Program partners for their activities and receiving their database, storing, and sharing it with GOAL’s relevant departments.
- Responsible for archiving and storing Emergencies Program responses related documents and ensure easy access to all authorized persons.
Follow up closely with clusters and implementing partners and skype coordination group to ensure that emergency related activities proposed by other agencies do not overlap with GOAL response plans.
Submitting procurement requests for emergency program in-kind modalities in a timely manner
Follow up with procurement and quality control team on the delivery of the requested in-kind.
Keep close coordination and communication with Warehouse team in Idleb and N.Aleppo on the available stock for emergency response.
Any other Emergencies related task assigned by the Emergencies Coordinator or Emergencies Manager.
- University degree in Computer Science, Business administration or related university degree.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in program related administrative work.
- Fluency in Arabic (both oral and written) is required.
- Good English language skills
- Basic programming skills.
- Experience in Excel and other Microsoft Office Programs.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated capacity in meeting the deadline.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "**apply now**" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 19 February 2021 .
Apply to Job