Director Programme Development & Learning
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Plan International Bangladesh is looking for a Director Programme Development & Learning. The position is responsible for business development, providing strategic thought leadership, designing scalable programmes through to final grant acquisitions. The post holder also leads programme learning, evidence generation and our partnership vision.
The people who join our team are a special bunch.
They’re leaders, and they take responsibility every day to act on our core values and advance our organisational purpose- Advancing Children’s Rights and Equality for Girls. They exhibit discipline in their work and in their relationships. To every challenge, project and interaction, they apply a balance of head and heart.
Our people are smart. They’re rigorous thinkers. They relish challenges and work with others to come up with creative solutions to the toughest challenges that children and young people face. They are confident and curious, always open to learning. That’s how - in a fast-changing world – our team consistently comes up with great programmes.
The role and Scope:
· The Director Programme Development & Learning is a member of the Country Management Team
· Leads and is responsible for grant acquisition, meeting the annual financial targets required to operationalise the country strategy. (USD 25M+ per annum)
· Plays a lead role in learning, ensuring that Plan International Bangladesh generates quality programme evidence to support positioning Plan International as a thought leader. (This achieved through the delivery of strong programme learning and quality programme research and innovation products).
· The Director Programme Development and Learning will spearhead the development and coordination of Plan International Bangladesh’s Partnership Strategy and will ensure that a robust learning framework exists to support our partnership journey.
· Leads and supervises the Business Development Team, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Lead, Partnership Lead, and 2 programme technical leads. Up to seven direct line reports.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an inspiring and dynamic leader with a minimum of 7 years senior programme leadership and learning experience. You will need to have demonstratable experience of leading proposal development, securing multi-year, multi-million-dollar grants. Have a proven track record of working in partnership, including an understanding of the current trends in localisation. Have technical skills in one of the following: SRHR, youth economic empowerment, gender, or youth leadership.
You will have the skills needed to manage diverse teams, creating a sense of trust, empowerment and be a champion of supporting professional growth. You must be able to balance the need for strategic focus and impact, with a high level of attention to operational detail, especially in the area of grant acquisition.
How to apply:
How to apply:
To find out more details and apply visit: Career Opportunities: Director Programme Development & Learning and should apply online by 27 February 2021. Plan International Bangladesh is committed to ending gender inequality, and achieving a gender balanced workforce. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Please note we will be shortlisting on an ongoing basis so would encourage early applications.**
We promote competitive salary, female friendly workplace, outstanding co-workers (who are respectful, professional, unbiased and easy to work with); equal opportunity that mean equal access to promotion, leadership role or incentive programme.
Plan follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women and people living with disability.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. References will be taken and background and Anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Safeguarding policy of Children and Young People
As an independent development and humanitarian organization. We strive for a just world that advances children's rights and equality for girls. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Apply to Job