Deputy Chief of Party for Operations, Crime and Violence Prevention Program, El Salvador
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
USAID/El Salvador's anticipated urban security project will seek to prevent crime and violence among vulnerable and at-risk youth. The anticipated project will address primary, secondary, and tertiary risk populations, work through a holistic approach to address both causes and symptoms of violence among individuals and within communities. Anticipated activities will develop peaceful and protective environments, strengthen relationships between youth and their families, and communities and local authorities, and provide alternative psychosocial treatment and economic opportunities to at-risk youth.
Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an upcoming USAID-funded project in El Salvador. The DCOP will be responsible for key administrative management and activity operations. The Deputy Chief of Party provides technical and administrative support and expertise to the project, serves as lead in the absence of the COP, and serves as a significant liaison with the donor, other implementing partners, grantees, and other key stakeholders. The DCOP will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact.
Reporting & Supervision:
The DCOP will report to the COP. The DCOP will supervise an operations team consisting of HR, Procurement, Logistics, Grants, IT, Security, Administration, Drivers, and Cleaners.
Ensure streamlined operations systems in line and compliant with Creative policies and procedures, and USG rules and regulations;
Ensure office operational policies, including field operations management guide, inventory and ICT, are in place, compliant with project and donor policies, and implemented effectively; and
Provide an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of El Salvador.
- Provide administrative and logistical leadership to the program;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant milestones;
- Oversee relationships and transactions with all vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for strong grants administration, grantee relationships, and activity implementation;
- Supports COP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manages, trains, and mentors key project country team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, procurement, IT, and grants; and
- Serves as COP in COP's absence. Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master's degree in public administration, public management or other related fields and at least 7 years of senior management experience with progressively increasing responsibilities managing development projects or Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of relevant experience;
- Management, operational, and administration experience and expertise;
- At least four years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries;
- At least five years of experience with operations, logistics and subcontracts in an insecure environment;
- Knowledge of operating procedures in high-risk environments;
- Experience in conflict, post-conflict, or transitional state environments;
- Strong analytical capacity;
- Previous experience working with USAID desired; and
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Spanish.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
How to apply:
Apply to Job