Country Program Director
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
World Vision Armenia (WVA) operates mainly through its 10-15 years long-term Area Programs (AP) that are predominantly funded through child sponsorship. APs are focused on promoting child well-being through community participation and ownership.
As the Country Program Director, you will:
- Provide overall strategic and operational leadership for World Vision Armenia Branch and Foundation,
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership; provide leadership to WVA Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and staff, ensuring full alignment with the World Vision International (WVI) Global Partnership Strategy Our Promise, WVI’s policies and standards for the WVA parallel local organization, while meeting desired goals and objectives,
- Provide leadership that enables maximising WVI’s impact for Child well-being, minimising WVI’s risk and fulfilment of the WVA Transition Plan to become self-funded,
- Ensure WVA is appropriately structured, financially viable and appropriately resourced and compliant with WVI policies,
- Represent WVI to all donors, project partners, other WVI Partnership offices and divisions, local Government, Church representatives and non-governmental organizations serving according to given Power of Attorney,
- Lead and participate in WVA Advisory Council and Foundation Board.
- University degree or qualification in a relevant subject with a focus on leadership, team management, project management or other relevant skills,
- 10+ years proven Senior Leadership experience with International NGOs in transformational development programming,
- Experience in managing integrated Relief/ Development and Advocacy programs,
- Experience in program assessment, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing,
- Excellent Armenian and English communication skills (verbal and written),
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required.
How to apply:
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 21 FEB 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
Apply to Job