Coordinator for the Global Platform of Action (PoA) for Renewable Energy
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Though the more specific TOR of the job will be discussed with the selected candidate, a few crucial areas of work will be at the core of the work:
· Lead the setup of the PoA, its work priorities and its lean governance in close cooperation with CAN bodies, its members and the Renewable Energy Expert
· Assist Civil Society Organisations, CAN nodes and members as appropriate, in developing fundraising and policy approaches in their region on Clean Renewables
· Work closely with CAN on the push for significant NDC enhancement with a strong focus on Clean Renewables
· Maintain regular contact with the various non-CAN and wider non-CSO renewable energy experts and working groups, in and with other institutions like REN21, IRENA, key governments, renewables trade associations, UN bodies etc.
· Support CAN communicators on messaging on Clean Renewables across the various policy papers and CAN interventions
· Assist CAN with the development of a political global/regional strategy that encourages the finance sector and the business community to significantly accelerate financing, implementing and purchasing Clean Renewables in next years
· Participation in key conferences on Renewables, meetings of the Clean Renewables community and identify key interventions for CAN in international meetings.
Applicants should be aware that this position is for one year only with a view to extension dependent on the renewal of funding. **
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· A strong understanding of the work, policies and mission of CAN and a commitment to the global objective to not exceed the 1.5°C global warming objective in line with equity and a Just Transition
· A record of at least 3-5 years in network coordination capabilities with CSO or/and governments or/and financial or/and clean energy business sector. Experiences working with CAN and/or members is a clear advantage
· Sound understanding of the challenges for countries and legislators to move to enhanced sectoral electrification and expansion with Clean Renewables
· A proven commitment to promotion of ambitious renewable energy targets, legislation, financing and implementation in their specific environments and with organizations in that field
· A clear political understanding of the role of Clean Renewables in the next years
· Familiarity with the broader and wider benefits and challenges of renewables, including but not limited to air pollution, renewable hydrogen, storage, grid expansion, legislation Integration of the specific energy requirements of the Global South, such as but not limited to electricity poverty, indoor air pollution, decentralized mini- and off-grid renewable electricity production
· Ability to work closely with CAN/CSO members on Clean Renewables and collaborate as appropriate with the wider CSO anti-fossil, anti-nuclear networks
Education and professional qualifications:
● Highly experienced and high understanding of both, the political and technical scientific basis of crucial (renewable) energy topics**
● Work experiences in facilitating, leading, and guiding CSO and other institutions on the expansion of Clean Renewables
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills, proven ability to meet projected deadlines.
● Ability to work independently and proactively and structure work days in a global team. **
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Motivated by supporting project partners and team members to deliver on goals and activities.
● Organized, high level of accuracy, and meticulous attention to detail.
● Ability to prioritize, adjust workload, juggle multiple assignments and meet or exceed deadlines.
● Able to synthesize information from multiple sources.
● Ability to display sensitivity to different cultures.
Excellent computer skills and professional user of MS Office Programmes.
Experience in working with online based project and team management tools including digital communication platforms such as Zoom, Skype, G-suite and others.
· Excellent English writing and speaking skills. Other international languages would be great advantage.
· Ability to travel internationally
How to apply:
· Send a motivation letter and CV as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: PoA Coordinator
· The deadline for applications is 1st March 2021 COB.
· Please, no telephone inquiries. Based on the expected large interest in this position and limited capacity, only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
· CAN is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to make positions accessible to all regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, age, disability, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion, marital or parental status, etc.
Apply to Job