Consultancy (Training of Trainers (ToT) on psychosocial interventions)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
1- Presentation of ToT on psychosocial interventions for children
1-1- Why this training?
Mental health services in Libya are highly centralized and there is very little integration of mental health into primary health care and no community approach. Given the stigma related to mental health disorders as described above, patients can be reluctant to consult with a professional and remain untreated. As a response to this gap, through the AMAL project HI plans to develop the provision of mental health care at community level initially focused on adults as well as children suffering from mild and moderate mental health disorders.
Psychologists or psychosocial workers will participate to the ToT. They will use the skills acquired in the training in their practice and will themselves train and supervise community health workers and social workers on psychosocial interventions for children and parents
1-2- Training objectives
General objective of the training
The general objective of the ToT is to provide trainees with:
· enhanced skills to implement psychosocial interventions, individually or in groups, for children from 6-18 years with mild or moderate mental health disorders, as well as parenting skills interventions **
· ability to train and supervise others on these interventions (applying a methodology to train non-specialized final trainees to provide psychosocial interventions for children and parenting skills intervention).**
The specific objectives will be to develop the ToT skills of trainees with:**
· An emphasis on developing the basic counseling skills of final trainees; **
· Providing final trainees with knowledge and skills on identification of children with mild and moderate mental health disorders in the community (based on mhGAP);
· As well as on provision of psychosocial interventions by final trainees, including psychoeducation on mild and moderate mental health disorders in children
· And provision of parenting skills sessions
· Both in individual setting and in group setting;
· Capacity to supervise final trainees on the abovementioned practices.
1-3- Training content
In the form of a Training of Trainers, the training should be in Arabic and cover the following topics.
Child development and vulnerability in emergency and identification of children in need for referral.
Psychosocial activities for children with mild and moderate mental health disorders (such as child friendly spaces, learn and play, expressive activities and semi guided activities such as child resiliency program),
Parenting sessions with parents.
Basic principles and best practices of counselling with minors with a focus on protection issues
Key messages and strategies for psychoeducation
Inclusive approach for children with disabilities and psychosocial disabilities
1-4- Location, dates and duration
The training will be on line training .
Date: March 2021 (exact dates will be agreed with the consultant after selection).
· one week
· followed by 3 months supervision of trainees (one session a month 7 persons * 3 cities)
1-5- Target Population **
The target population of the ToT are HI psychosocial workers as well as Libyan Ministry of Health staff.
Number of trainees will be approximatively 21
· 6 staff from HI
· 16 staff from the Ministry of Health.
Once they are trained, the trainees with have two tasks:
· First to use the skills they acquired in the training to themselves provide services to patients in their usual work environment:
o outreach activities provided by HI’s staff in the community, through individual or group sessions with beneficiaries
o usual activities provided by staff from Ministry of Health or local NGO
o be able to train and supervise non-qualified staff to provide the psychosocial support to children and parents in the community
The ToT should include:
· Adult active and interactive pedagogy
· Use of role plays
· ToT tools
· Cultural adaptation
1- Presentation of the mission
1-1- General objective of the trainer’s mission
The trainer will ensure:
Preparation of training material and handouts (5 days)
Delivery of training (in Arabic) in Tunisia (1 week)
Provision of 18 hours of supervision (in Arabic) over 3 months: one monthly 2 hours supervision each month for 7 people in each 3 cities (Tripoli, Benghazi, Misrata) (total of 18 hours)
Final report and recommendation (1 day)
Final training material (PPT) and handouts – ToT version, trainer’s manual & final trainees’ material
Training report including recommendations
Supervision sessions report (attendance sheet) and recommendations
Pre and posttest for the training and for the supervision
Satisfaction assessments for the training and for the supervision
Final report with feedback on training, supervision and recommendations
All training materials (PPT, manuals and handouts) should be in Arabic with a summary of content in English
Reports, and results on pre and posttest and satisfaction assessments in English
The budget available for the consultancy is 9,000 Euros. This amount is to cover the consultancy fees (preparation, delivery of training and supervision, reporting, local expenses whilst on mission, insurance and taxes if any. Propositions exceeding 10% of the proposed budget will not be considered.
2- Requested profile
o Minimum Diploma: Master in psychology with at least 5 years of experience in clinical psychology
o Experience in the humanitarian field, preferably in the MENA region
o Knowledge of psychosocial activities for children and parenting skills
o Experience in delivering ToT
o Arabic and English language skills mandatory
o Ability to work in collaboration with public and associative actors
o Familiarity with the North Africa context
How to apply:
- Application process
Applications must include:
· About the consultant:
o A curriculum vitae (training, experience in the areas mentioned above, lists of key publications)
o A cover letter
· A technical proposal:
o Training content
o Training agenda
o Proposed methodology
· A financial proposal, including, a minimal, details of consultancy fees.
Please send all required documents before the deadline of 18th of February 2021 to the following email address: email@example.com with email heading “AMAL-ToT Psychosocial intervention for children”
Apply to Job