Consultancy - The Red Cross and Red Crescent Health Information System (RCHIS) - Learning and Development Technical Advisory Support
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Objectives of RCHIS:
· Electronic Medical Records (EMR) to support clinical decision-making to monitor and improve patient safety and quality of care within the clinical setting (health Emergency Response Units (ERU) and other clinics).
· Health Information System (HIS) to support health facility-based surveillance and provide rapid analysis of clinical data allowing for detection of outbreaks.
· Reporting and accountability to a range of donors and operational partners.
Alignment to the IFRC’s objectives and strategy:
IFRC’s Strategy 2020: AOF4 Health, and AP021 (Public Health in Emergencies) and AP022 (Care and Treatment in Emergencies).
The overall aim of this work is to develop curricula and associated training materials, tools and plans to ensure the smooth adoption and implementation of RCHIS into ERU deployments.
To do this, the consultant(s) will:
· Review the existing curricula outlines and make recommendations for adaptations/improvements;
o Do internal consultation to with IFRC and PNS understand learning needs
o Determine if/what competency thresholds students should meet in order to successfully use the app
· Develop curriculum plan
o Divided by module/component based on: target audience, timing of delivery, subject matter, etc.
§ Articulate focus and objectives for each module or component
§ Identify content and resources for each module or component
· Identify appropriate training platforms for content
· Develop materials and tools to conduct training appropriate for identified platforms
o Develop training plans, methods and process for imparting information
o Develop assessment strategy to evaluate student learning
· Develop evaluation strategy to evaluate and make improvements to training program
Required training and competencies (consultant or team)
o Clinical background (nursing or medical)
o Experience working in humanitarian settings in a clinical capacity; strong preference for candidates with Red Cross Red Crescent Emergency Response Unit experience.
o Demonstrated knowledge of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement; prior working experience with a National Society preferred.
o Advanced level training (Masters level preferred) in Public Health or Disaster Medicine
o Demonstrated experience in adult education, training design or similar. Formal training or certification considered an asset.
o Ability to work on Microsoft Teams, Excel, Powerpoint; experience using android tablets an asset
Support to be provided to the consultant(s)
Support will include:
· IFRC personnel and RCHIS consultants available for discussions and briefings; access to all existing RCHIS documents; guidance and support for overall vision and key challenges
· Direct management line: Laura Archer, Senior Officer, Medical Services in Emergencies, IFRC Health and Care Department
Work schedule and payment of fees
Payment to be made upon completion of tasks and upon presentation of invoice to IFRC by the consultant(s).
Contract duration: February 15st 2021 – March 31, 2021. Maximum of 50 working days.
Rate: To be determined based on experience.
The consultant(s) will be contracted by the IFRC and the standard contractual terms will apply.
How to apply:
- The consultant will be contracted by the IFRC and the standard contractual terms will apply.
- Agreed travel expenses will be reimbursed at a cost in accordance with the IFRC’s relevant regulations.
- Applications should include the following documents:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. A cover letter summarizing your experience, suggested an approach to the work, your daily rate, and three professional references.
3. Daily rate in CHF
Interested candidates should send their CV, letter of interest, and daily consultancy rate in CHF (Swiss francs) to email@example.com. Email subject: “ RCHIS Learning and Development Technical Advisory Support ”
Deadline to send the application: 10 February 2021, 11am Geneva time
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Years of experience
Apply to Job