NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Employer: ISF Cambodia
Application close: 14th March 2021.
Commences: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Full-time (following successful completion of a three-month probation period)
Remuneration: US$1,500-1,700 per month (before tax), depending on experience + seniority payment and benefits
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
ISF Cambodia (ISF) is a Cambodian based charity with over 14 years of experience using education and sport to change lives. Our aim is to make a fundamental and lasting change in the lives of some of the poorest and most disadvantaged children and their families in Cambodia.
Our Education Programme focuses on children in the slums of the Cambodian capital Phnom Penh, whose extreme poverty means they have never gone to school or have had to drop out. We provide them with a quality education and healthcare whilst working closely in their communities to lift entire families out of poverty. Through our grassroots Football Programme, ISF works directly with 3,000 youth, promoting equality and providing opportunities to those marginalised by poverty, disability, HIV and gender.
ISF is looking for a highly motivated individual who can fulfil the position of Communications Coordinator within the Development Team. The successful applicant will be a highly motivated individual with excellent team-working and communication skills, seeking to learn and further develop their skills working for a non-profit organisation.
The Communications Coordinator will create powerful and engaging communications materials to deliver to key audiences. This role includes maintaining and updating ISF’s various communications platforms (including website and social media), working closely with other members of the team to build their capacity to capture and share useful, engaging and accessible content. The incumbent will also create and deliver marketing and promotional materials to publicise the charity and engage audiences. Finally, the Communications Coordinator will bring new and fresh ideas on how to effectively engage new and existing supporters through a wide range of strategies.
Accountability and Relationships
- Reports to the Development Manager **
- Works closely with Development Officer, Senior Development Officer, and Grants and Fundraising Officer. **
- Is part of Development Team and wider ISF staff team
· Planning, developing and implementing communication strategies
· Creating and managing online communications and fundraising campaigns
· Planning and shooting photo and video stories of beneficiary case studies
· Monitoring media coverage, writing and pitching press releases and other newsworthy stories and building relationships with local and international press
· Creating engaging marketing materials, online content and media
· Maintaining the organisation’s website, and social media platforms and content
· Producing high quality, impactful reports and presentations
· Writing external communications, blogs and newsletters
· Developing ISF’s presence on- and offline
· Ensuring strong and consistent branding across the organisation
· Proofing and editing communications and reports
· Assisting with organisation and management of events
· Assisting in data verification on all reports/information products prepared by the organisation
· Supporting the team with other activities as required
· Promoting the vision, mission and strategic goals of the organisation
Skills and experience required
- Native-level English speaker
- Minimum two-year experience in a communications or related role
- Demonstrable writing and editing experience
- Full working competency using Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in creating and managing WordPress sites and content
- Demonstrable experience in social media management and/or marketing
- Able to create written and visual online content for website and social media
- Experience in creating and/or managing fundraising campaigns
- Photography and filming skills to include editing video and photo content
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Initiative and motivation to manage own workload and generate new ideas
- Flexible and able to manage several projects simultaneously
- Adaptable and able to work effectively cross-culturally
- Experience of working in Cambodia
- Experience managing relationships with stakeholders/clients
- Experience of working within and promoting brand guidelines
Working hours and benefits
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 7 hours a day plus ad hoc events as required
● Remuneration: US$1,500-1,700 per month (before tax), depending on experience, and seniority payment
● 18 days annual leave a year, plus mandated Cambodian public holidays
● Health insurance with emergency evacuation
● Training and professional development opportunities
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send CV and covering letter describing how they meet the outlined criteria as well as any work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants will be required to provide two references and relevant certificates and undertake a police background check in line with ISF’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
Apply to Job