NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
LWF Jordan is a country program of LWF World Service, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. LWF has maintained a continuous presence in Jordan since 2012, where it delivers effective and appropriate programmes to approximately 260,500 refugees and vulnerable Jordanians in Irbid, Zarqa, Mafraq (including Zaatari Camp) and Amman governorates. LWF Jordan has built up a track record in three programmatic areas: Livelihoods, Quality Services (Education) and Protection & Social Cohesion. It has an overall strategy that encompasses education, economic empowerment, social protection and environmental sustainability with a deliberate focus on women.
Scope of Work:
The Communications Volunteer will support the implementation of LWF Jordan’s communication strategy though the creation of online content (Facebook and Instagram) and provide support with external communication via newsletter, the website and all other publications. The role also includes the development of qualitative audio-visual and other information education and communication materials.
The Communications Volunteer reports directly to the Senior PMER (Program, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting) Officer.
The Communications Intern will work closely with concerned LWF staff on the social media channels, provide support for funding proposals, prepare guidelines for publications, edit and proofread documents, and develop and manage the country program website.
The position is based in Amman, with visits to Zarqa, Irbid and Zaatari. Flexible working hours, but minimum 3 days per week. Minimum duration: 3 months. Start date: as soon as possible
Our Core Values
- Dignity and justice
- Compassion and commitment
- Respect for diversity
- Inclusion and participation
- Transparency and accountability
Expectations of the LWF volunteer:
· Treat beneficiaries with respect regardless of age, sex, religion, political or other opinion, nationality and ability
· Not smoke except in designated smoking areas, and must not smoke when any child or beneficiary is present
· Wear LWF identification at all times during working hours
· Not use mobile phones for any reason while in the presence of beneficiaries
· Not take any photos or videos of beneficiaries unless at the specific request of supervisor
· Not share photos or identifying information related to beneficiaries with another person or on social media, unless it is first made public by LWF
· Not use language or behavior towards beneficiaries that is inappropriate, harassing, abusive, sexually provocative, demeaning or otherwise inappropriate
· Immediately report any concerns or allegations of abuse
· Not exchange any contact information such as phone numbers or social media with beneficiaries
· Refrain from any physical punishment or discipline of children
· Wherever possible, ensure that another adult is present when working in the proximity of children
· Not engage in any transfer of money in the presence of other beneficiaries or fellow volunteers.
Scope of Volunteer: Communication Volunteer**
· Improve, update and maintain LWF Jordan Facebook and Instagram profiles.
· Create communications calendar.
· Design and publish newsletter to share organizational information, successes and good practices.
· Support in publishing in-house documents (research/study reports, annual reports, brochures, calendars etc.)
· Enhance communication and media related knowledge and skills of LWF Jordan partners for writing case stories, features, impact-oriented case studies and link them up to the mainstream media.
· Receive periodic progress reports, compile /edit the progress reports as per projects prescribed template.
· Assist in editing of proposals, reports, etc.
· Maintain effective filing/archiving of communication materials (including a photo and video archive).
· Prepare, collect, and collate case studies, features and document learning and good practices of the projects using social media, photography and video.
· Visit field offices and collect case stories and photographs of ongoing activities.
· Co-ordinate with teams to collect and create success stories for periodic reports
· Co-ordinate with teams and stakeholders to collect / create quotes, testimonials, pictures etc. for reporting and visibility purposes.
· To produce powerful images and visuals.
· ensure that communications material meet the agreed & basic standards and follows the LWF protocols & policies.
· Develop and standardize visual identities for internal use such logo, banners, stickers, power point presentation, posters, etc.
· Undertake other related duties as required by the supervisor
How to apply:
Payment & Duration:
As for the Jordanian regulations regarding volunteers work by Ministry of Labor (MoL) volunteers are entitled for 15 JOD per day as a daily stipend against their transportation and refreshment cost for a period of for 3 months / 11 days per month / 6 hours every day ,extendable per the needs and budget availability.
If you are interested to Volunteer with LWF kindly submit your C.V & mention Communication Volunteer in the E-mail Subject : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to Job