Communication Coordinator (JOR National)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organisation that strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan is independent of government entities and has no political or religious affiliation, and has been building powerful partnerships for children over the past 80 years and is now active in more than 70 countries.
The purpose of this role is to promote a positive image of Plan Jordan through the development and implementation of an effective communications strategy to ensure the visibility of Plan Jordan both internally within the organization, and externally across online and offline media platforms.
Ensure Plan Communication Strategy is adequately implemented:
· Develop with project owners, humanitarian case studies and success stories to feature Plan’s impact and support Plan Jordan’s influencing strategy.
· Develop communications to feature strategic partnerships with key constituencies to maximize impact of advocacy liaison to media organizations, national entities, and private sector.
· Support partners, civil society entities, community members in lobbying and advocating for the rights of children, women and youth, through social media platforms and offline media to influence policy makers.
· Support in organizing media outreach; arrange media contacts, press briefings, and interviews; provides talking points and other materials as needed to senior staff; responds to media inquiries quickly and effectively.
Manage Plan Jordan's office online platforms:
· Coordinate with Technical Advisors, Program Managers, & Advocacy & Influencing Manager to produce a diverse range of scalable products (including audio/visual communications), briefing papers and communication reports to benchmark Plan Jordan programs.
· Develop content and audiovisual material for Plan’s Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms as relevant, and ensure Plan’s online audience are constantly engaged.
· Manage Plan Jordan’s webpage and update with timely content.
· Respond on timely basis to online queries and messages.
· Ensure quality photographs are constantly produced to enrich Plan’s visual messaging.
· Coordinate with strategic partners, children and youth to participate in media and advocacy related interventions.
· Promote Plan’s children safe gardening & gender mainstreaming communications among staff and strategic partners.
· Facilitate and organize international and national events to promote key Plan Jordan impact areas.
· Assist in identifying visibility and marketing opportunities and ensure appropriate communication interventions.
Assist in national and international campaigns and events
· Developing communications products such as videos, photos, press releases, media outreach, media visits, and able to provide relevant public and internal information to support Plan’s campaigns.
· Build the capacities of relevant staff and community members on communication related skills to support community-based advocacy activities.
· Provide support for key senior staff during strategic visits for Plan Jordan.
· Facilitation of information sharing of Plan Jordan locally and internationally through bulletins, magazines and other forms of media
· Prepare periodic reports to ensure that management is equipped with necessary information for appropriate decision making
· Perform other relevant duties as and when requested by line manager
Child protection, gender equality and inclusion
· Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan
· Reporting lines: the post-holder will directly supervise Communication Assistant and volunteer. She/ he will report to the Communications, Advocacy & Influencing Manager and coordinate with the technical and support teams to align the projects objectives with the communication plans.
· Internal relationships: The post-holder will work closely with all project managers and other stakeholders in Plan regionally and globally.
· External representation: The post-holder will participate in meetings/workshops/seminars/trainings at the local and national level as required.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
· University degree in related field i.e. political science, communications, media, marketing
Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with a proven professional experience gained within communication context.
· Excellent command of written and spoken Arabic and English.
· Hands on experience of web publishing, digital communications and video production. Strong understanding of brand and graphic guidelines.
· Experience in developing and managing strategic communication campaigns.
· Excellent writing skills
· Strong knowledge of quality photography, and ability to take good photos in line with Plan’s brand requirements,
· A team player with strong interpersonal skills
· Good analytical, communication and problem solving skills
· Strong documentation and presentation skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
· Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
· Capable of thinking creatively and analytically.
· Manages time efficiently.
· Experience working with an INGO is an asset.
· Familiarity with publishing programs like Adobe and InDesign.
· Experience using word press.
· Knowledge of local and regional communications and media field including key contacts i.e. journalists, TV editors, radio shows, etc.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
· Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
· Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
· Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
· Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
· Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
· Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
· Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
· Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
· Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
· Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
· Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
· Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
· Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
· We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
· We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
· We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. **
Level of contact with children
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
Type of Role: Fixed term contract
Contract Duration: 6 months - with possibility of extension subject to performance and fund availability
Reports to: Communications, Advocacy & Influencing Manager**
Location: Amman, Jordan – Plan International Offices
Closing Date: 21 Feb 2021
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.**
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.**
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Child Safeguarding Policy.
How to apply:
Please follow the link:
Apply to Job