Chief of Party, USAID/Sahel Monitoring, Reporting, and Capacity Strengthening (MRCS) Project, Senegal
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is pursuing a bid for an upcoming Request for Task Order Proposals (RFTOP) under the EMAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract for the provision of monitoring, reporting, and capacity strengthening services through the USAID/Sahel MRCS project. The activity aims to verify and report on activities carried out by Implementing Partners (IPs) across the Sahel region through the delivery of timely, analytical, qualitative, and quantitative information through visits to USAID/Sahel Regional Office (SRO) supported activity sites. The findings derived from monitoring and verification information must be backed with evidence and reported to USAID in a manner that allows activity managers to quickly understand the successes and challenges on the ground, and to take prompt action, if needed. In addition, this activity aims to provide extensive MEL capacity strengthening support both to USAID/SRO and IPs throughout the region.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to provide oversight and management of this contract. The COP will travel throughout the Sahel region, as necessary, to manage the entire Task Order (TO) and ensure that quality standards and schedules are met. The COP will define and manage overall TO requirements, including staffing, cost, and quality control of all tasks and assignments undertaken to achieve the objectives of the TO. This is a full-time position based in Dakar, Senegal, anticipated to last five years and contingent on contract award.
- Serve as the main point of contact between USAID and the Contractor and reporting to both.
- Ensure effective and efficient performance for all aspects of this contract and overseeing all quality control and reporting.
- Interact professionally with senior Mission, Embassy, and government officials. Travel throughout the region as necessary to ensure proper management of this Task Order.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of management, international development, or a related technical field.
- At least 10 years of experience in international development, including Chief of Party experience managing multi-million-dollar development projects.
- Prior work experience in in the Sahel region.
- Experience managing MEL and/or third-party monitoring (TPM) activities and platforms highly preferred.
- Prior experience in supervising long-term staff and short-term consultants of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent English and French writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout West Africa as necessary.
How to apply:
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply for the position, please visit our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3539.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Apply to Job