Chief of Party II, Youth Workforce Development - El Salvador
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Job Title: Chief of Party II, Youth Workforce Development, El Salvador
Reports to: Country Representative
Salary Grade: 12
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. In Central America, CRS has over a decade of experience reaching at-risk youth with innovative, evidence-based methodologies to improve their livelihoods, education, and psychosocial outcomes. With more than 50 years of ongoing presence in El Salvador, CRS is committed to sustainable solutions that prioritize local partners and leverage the public and private sector to achieve meaningful impact at scale.
CRS is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID funded youth workforce development activity in El Salvador. The position is based in San Salvador, El Salvador and is anticipated to start in 2021. The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall technical vision and administrative leadership and expertise for this activity. The Chief of Party’s strategic leadership, adaptive management approach and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming to meet stated goals and reporting requirements. S/he will coordinate award management and implementation tasks, including coordination among USAID, key stakeholders and other implementing partners, and liaise with USAID on management and technical matters.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Lead all aspects of the development, implementation and consolidation of the youth workforce development activity, including sharing how the project contributes to the thought leadership of the industry. Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders.
- Ensure the project is designed and implemented to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget, including strategies for phase out and sustainability. Ensure coordination between program and operations leads. Ensure the CRS program quality standards are adhered to per MEL policy and procedures.
- Effectively manage senior programming and operations talent. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Oversee the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of senior staff.
- Manage and mitigate risk through monitoring national and regional issues that may impact staff and programming. Ensure all staff understand and adhere to CRS staff safety and security policies and plans and ensure the updating of such plans.
- Promote, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources. Ensure compliance with USAID processes, including financial tracking and oversight of partner budgets, finance, administration and reporting to USAID. Approve program expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification requests.
Represent CRS programming in international circles, highlighting innovative work. Publish program results and deliver presentations. Oversee the development of communication strategies and materials, complying with donor and CRS’ branding and marketing requirements and procedures.
A minimum of 15 years of experience in Workforce Development, education, and youth development or directly related field, including a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the education or workforce sector in Latin America.
10 or more years of relevant management, supervisory, or technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope to this activity, including experience implementing and leading USAID contracts and programs.
Proven track record and experience in project design, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation of workforce development, education, and systems improvement.
Experience managing diverse experts and coaching and mentoring senior program staff to deliver cohesive implementation that builds synergies and partnerships across components.
Established leader in sector as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications, conference presentations etc.
Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics.
Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
Ability to represent and present at high levels.
Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Salvadoran nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
? Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations or a relevant technical area. PhD preferred.
- 10 or more years’ relevant management and technical experience.
- 7 years’ experience managing donor funds, including multi country grants. Excellent knowledge and experience in budget management.
- 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching and mentoring senior program staff.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.** CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply:
Apply to Job