Camp Manager (National Position)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
General purpose of the position
The Camp Manager has the overall responsibility for implementing technical quality, harmonization and standardization of CCCM work in all sites where INTERSOS operates. He/she ensures information flows on CCCM programming to and from the field, ensuring learning across all sites/zones for program quality. He/She represents INTERSOS on CCCM/Site Management issues and ensuring compliance with Donor requirements, INTERSOS SOPs and in accordance with international standards and best practices.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Provides direct management and technical guidance to the CCCM team.
- Ensures that INTERSOS’s CCCM programming meets accountability obligations and is carried out in accordance with the Core Humanitarian Standards, international standards and best practices.
- Organizes daily, weekly and monthly assessments of camp services and sectors, planned and ongoing field projects including an overall assessment of camp conditions and population well-being.
- Identifies gaps and needs in CCCM programme in INTERSOS operating bases;
- Promotes a participatory approach (engagement of affected population) to CCCM and service provision in the camps/sites.
- Liaises with sector partners to assist for service provision, camp planning, development of facilities, schools etc.
- Works closely with Shelter Lead for site planning and infrastructure development such as drainage and waste disposal, and encourage collaboration with WASH partners to ensure HH are supported with the appropriate number of WASH facilities, as per Sphere standards.
- Operates information dissemination boards and other channels of communicating information between agencies and the camp residents. Operates the information and complaint mechanism as per procedures.
- Ensures – through clear weekly and monthly work plans –field assessment activities are carried out in a timely, effective and technically sound manner.
- Manages CCCM-related information flow to and from field sites, including updates to and from the sector.
- Quality assurance of proposals, donor reports, site reports, advocacy and policy notes and other CCCM reports.
- Work closely with other sector program managers (Protection, Community Infrastructure) to ensure integration between sectors in INTERSOS programmes.
- Takes the lead on standardisation of effective data collection, using online systems and standardize M&E practices.
- Together with the security focal points, assesses risks in the areas of project implementation and develop context-specific SOPs, ensuring that project teams are aware of security threats and follow security policies, and SOPs accordingly.
Performs any other task as assigned.
Minimum of Diploma/BSc. in Social Science or related fields of study.
Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in camp coordination and/or camp management in camp and camp-like setting.
Strong knowledge of and experience in CCCM programming in different contexts; Knowledge of the Northeast context is a plus
Proven commitment to accountability and quality assurance.
Excellent analytical and writing skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with national staff members and other stakeholders.
Experience living and working in cross-cultural, multi-sector, insecure, and/or remote environments.
Ability to work well under pressure and in adverse conditions.
Substantial project management skills and experience.
Proficiency in common computer packages and financial software (MS Excel, MS Word)
Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Language
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline**: apply no later than 14th February 2021 at 4:00 PM.**
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.
Apply to Job