Bakeries Team Member - North Aleppo
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The main objective of this role is to provide to monitor the production process in the contracted bakeries and implement field visits and support the bakery owner/workers in the attainment of program outputs. The role will also provide upward support to the Deputy Programme Manager and play an integral part in the overall achievement of department results. Based both in GOAL’s offices and in the field, the Team member – Bakeries position will report to the team leader of the bakeries programme.
Duties, objectives and competencies
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties in relation to distributions:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with the Relief Committees in assigned villages. At a minimum contact should be maintained twice a week per location.
- Assist the team leader and deputy bakeries manager with planning the daily and weekly work schedule for the team.
- Ensure for all stages of distributions and monitoring documents are filled in the ground and entered in the database on a daily basis.
- Ensure the accurate count of bread bags provided to distributors daily and keep its records.
- Ensure the daily inventory of the bakery warehouse and record the quantities of Bakery and GOAL flour used.
- Ensure immediately inform the direct supervisor of any violation related to Bread quality & weight or changing of bakery condition and any abusive behaviour might accrue at the bakery or in the filed.
Provide the team leader with a daily update at the end of each day on the following:
Security situation in the GOAL villages and neighbouring villages
Programme progress made during that day compared to the plan
Any difficulties encountered and how they were overcome
Community of relief committee complaints
Documentation uploaded onto the database.
Keep all the daily records
Meet on a weekly basis with the team leader to discuss the main points, facing the current problems, and the bakeries’ status.
Exist at the bakeries on daily basis starting from early morning and monitoring all stages of bread production from the bakery up to the targeted beneficiaries.
Carry out a field visit on a daily basis in the coverage areas of the bakery the team member responsible about and provide its report to ensure:
Commitment to the subsidized price
The sufficiency of bread quantities according to area needs
You may be expected to work in accordance with the organization’s overtime policies.
The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires. Taking into consideration that the working period within the week will be from Saturday to Thursday and only Friday will be a day-off.
- Hard working
- On time
- Respectful of the community and other staff members
- Thorough in maintaining documents
- Represents GOAL in a professional manner
- At least one year of 3rd level education.
- Experience of working in Syria
- Experience of working in the bakery industry
- 1 year + work experience in the related field.
- Flexibility regarding working long hours especially early working hours at the indicated job works will be started at 6:00 AM morning.
- Detail oriented and strong clerical skills
- Some computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
- Good communication skills Arabic and English (written, spoken) will be advanced.
- Willingness to live and work in North Aleppo, and availability to travel for up to 80% of the time, work and stay overnight in programme areas.
Prepared for working in an insecure environment
Previous experience working in Humanitarian Action / for an INGO.
Location: Afrin Villages
موقع العمل في قرى شمال عفرين
Work from 05.00 am to 02.00 pm Turkey time / 6 days per week
ساعات العمل تبدأ في الخامسة صباحا حتى الثانية ظهرا / 6 أيام في الأسبوع
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 1-Mar-21
Apply to Job