Bakeries Compliance Team Leader - North Aleppo
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in North West Aleppo both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Reporting to the deputy Bakery Program Manager, the Bakery Compliance Team Leader will be responsible on carrying out the bakeries selection process once needed, collect accurate and independent information to verify whether the information provided in the bakeries applications are correct and accurate, take over the responsibility of signing the bakeries support MOUs along with the needed annexes (signatures collection and MOUs renewal). To conduct the monthly verification on the supported bakeries to verify the bakeries management team information, re-check the bakeries staff names and identities, the bakeries ownership and management staff, the LCs and distributers names, and other relevant stakeholders etc. additionally this team will be delegated to facilitate the bakeries termination if demanded and that’s per the developed termination SOP. Moreover, this team will be responsible on collecting the bread production main inputs prices and on price monitoring.
The post holder will be for the following duties as part of the Partner Monitoring team:
- Lead on bakery assessments and selection activities and bakeries verification process and ensure a proper documentation of this process in line with the bakery support guidelines,
- Carry out and lead on the necessary arrangement in signing MOUs with the selected bakeries, monitoring the end date and work on the necessary arrangements with the line manager for the renewal of the bakeries MOUs.
- Closely monitoring the bakery performance and bakeries compliance and adherence to the program requirements and document all violation by the contracted bakeries and report it to the Bakery Program Manager.
- Carry out the weekly bread inputs price collection and price monitoring of GOAL-supported bakeries and non-supported bakeries
- Collect data on daily basis from the bakeries using smartphones (tablets) and/or hard copies, ensuring data is accurate, and collected and uploaded on time.
- Communicate daily with relevant bakeries program staff in Syria to finalize schedules and work plans for relevant unit of Bakeries compliance activities.
- Report daily on tasks and activities completed to the line Manager.
- contribute to training and development of the team
- smooth running of the team.
- Conduct beneficiaries service in all bakery program coverage area and preparing complaints report to support the program solve/develop the work scope.
- Any other task requested by line manager.
You may be expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s overtime policies.
The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires. Taking into consideration that the working period within the week will be from Saturday to Thursday and only Friday will be a day-off.
- University degree (social sciences, economics, agriculture , information management, or any other degree with relevant experience)
- Experience of working in Syria and in the areas in which GOAL is working
- 2-3-years work experience
- Flexible about working long hours
- Detail oriented and strong clerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds, excellent relationships building skills
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Good communication skills (written and spoken), good writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field (up to 80%), sometimes under difficult and insecure circumstances.
Location: Afrin Villages
موقع العمل في قرى شمال عفرين
Work from 05.00 am to 02.00 pm Turkey time / 6 days per week
ساعات العمل تبدأ في الخامسة صباحا حتى الثانية ظهرا / 6 أيام في الأسبوع
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 25-Feb-21.
Apply to Job