NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities - such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on. The consultant will lead in the implementation of strategies to improve access to inputs for cashew producers, to develop new seedling production systems in nurseries, and to develop rural seedling retail businesses in the cashew-producing states of Nigeria.
- Conduct rapid capacity needs assessment of existing nursery operators across selected locations
- Prepare report on capacity needs assessment
- Organize capacity building workshops to address gaps and further strengthen the capacity of the nurseries and seedling operators to improve production and distribution of improved planting materials.
- Develop and implement awareness creation strategies for farmers on the importance of using quality inputs and where they can be sourced locally.
- Identify existing agrodealers who offer agricultural inputs and/or services in farmers’ communities and are interested in diversifying into new products, such as pruning, spraying, seedlings retailing, etc.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to set up 5 (five) one-stop agrodealer shops across selected geographies in Nigeria
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a BSc in Agriculture-related courses (A Master’s degree is preferred)
- Expertise in nursery development
- Experience with capacity building of nurseries and seedlings operators on seedling distribution and grafting techniques, seedling handling and transplanting
- Experience with agricultural management
- Knowledge of the cashew industry: cultivation, management, and distribution
- Experience implementing any US Government-funded awards
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover letter (addressing previous related work, including 3 reference contacts), 2 training reports on past Agriculture related projects) and Licenses with any agricultural associations to: email@example.com with Job Title as the subject, e.g “Agricultural Consultant”.
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Apply to Job