4Mi Project Coordinator Europe (Mixed Migration Centre)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Mixed Migration Centre (MMC) is a global network consisting of six regional hubs (Asia, East Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North Africa, West Africa) and a central unit in Geneva. The MMC is a leading source for independent and high-quality data, research, analysis and expertise on mixed migration. The MMC aims to increase understanding of mixed migration, to positively impact global and regional migration policies, to inform evidence-based protection responses for people on the move and to stimulate forward thinking in public and policy debates on mixed migration. The MMC’s overarching focus is on human rights and protection for all people on the move. The three overall objectives of the MMC are:
Ø To contribute to a better, more nuanced and balanced understanding of mixed migration (knowledge)
Ø To contribute to evidence-based and better informed migration policies and debates (policy)
Ø To contribute to effective evidence-based protection responses for people on the move (programming)
The MMC is part of, and governed by DRC. MMC regional hubs are hosted within DRC regional offices, but part of the global MMC network. While its institutional link to DRC ensures MMC’s work is grounded in operational reality, it acts as an independent source of data, research, analysis and policy development on mixed migration for policy makers, practitioners, journalists, and the broader humanitarian sector. The position of the MMC does not necessarily reflect the position of DRC. For more information on MMC visit our website (http://www.mixedmigration.org/).
One of MMC’s flagship project is the Mixed Migration Monitoring Mechanism Initiative (4Mi). 4Mi collects data through in-depth structured interviews, focusing on protection risks and the conditions and experiences faced by people on the move, as well as their motivation for migration. 4Mi fills information gaps around protection and vulnerabilities with a view to informing policy and humanitarian programmatic response as well as enhancing sector understanding and knowledge on migration dynamics.
In Europe 4Mi is currently operational in Italy and Greece, as part of an Horizon 2020 supported consortium and a DRC project aiming at providing protection and assistance services to people on the move in North Italy. The ambition of the MMC is to expand data collection to other European countries.
The 4Mi Project Coordinator leads the implementation and technical development of the Mixed Migration Monitoring Mechanism initiative in Europe, and through its work with the global team contributes to the overall development and strengthening of 4Mi across the world.
The position reports to the Regional Head of Programme of DRC Europe / Country Director for Italy for daily management. There is a technical reporting relationship with the MMC’s Coordination Unit in Geneva.
Oversee operations and management of the 4Mi project in Europe
· Manage 4Mi staff: Information Management Officer, if/when present.
· Manage the recruitment, training of 4Mi monitors; oversee their day-to-day management.
· Manage the procurement of partners to collect 4Mi data and manage those partners.
· Ensure that the team regularly provides updated, clean datasets and all 4Mi deliverables are met
· Oversee management of the data collection platform and survey software.
· Maintain duty of care for monitors and contribute to the risk analysis for 4Mi staff and monitors.
· Monitor and manage 4Mi budgets; ensure timely donor reporting and support the MMC Geneva and the DRC counterparts in maintaining donor relations.
· Coordinate with the MMC coordination unit in GVA on changes to and development of projects.
Data analysis and methodology development
· Analyse and interpret data; draft, contribute to, and present analysis in visuals, presentations, and written reports; ensure regular, timely production of analysis.
· Lead in the implementation of methodological developments and standards in the region, and their review.
· Work closely with the 4Mi team across the network to innovate and develop 4Mi methodology, and tools for implementation, to ensure 4Mi’s reliability and relevance.
· Keep abreast of new development and ongoing debates on migration data..
Dissemination, representation and fundraising
· Represent MMC and present 4Mi data at conferences and meetings.
· Identify partners, key informants, contacts and other interlocutors critical to the success of 4Mi, and maintain relationships with key regional stakeholders in mixed migration
· Support DRC’s use of 4Mi data in programming and advocacy.
· In collaboration with MMC Geneva, contribute to the eventual expansion, strategic development and fundraising for 4Mi and other MMC activities in the region
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
· Proven record in quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and production of written and visual knowledge products based on quantitative and qualitative data;
· Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection;
· Knowledge of regional migration dynamics and previous experience working in the region;
· Experience in project cycle and budget management;
· Experience in team management, and working in a multicultural environment;
· Experience of working with international NGOs;
· Motivated self-starter who can work independently and make rapid assessments and sound judgements;
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities;
· Good team worker with strong communication skills.
· Advanced university degree in social sciences or other relevant field with 3–5 years’ experience in survey design and implementation, and quantitative data analysis
· Professional proficiency in English.
· Spoken and written communication in Italian is a strong advantage.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence
• Taking the lead
• Demonstrating integrity
Find the definitions of DRC’s core competencies here
Contract length: 9 months initial contract, renewable depending on performance and funding.
Salary and conditions: depending on skills and experience, in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national work contracts in Italy and in compliance with Italian labour law.
Duty station: Turin, Italy with additional travels in Europe region (Greece, Balkans, Geneva, Copenhagen)
Start date: April 2021
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Roberto Forin, Roberto.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in total) in English to the online application system at this link: 4Mi Project Coordinator Europe (Mixed Migration Centre) - Application Form (hr-manager.net). Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 13 February 2021
Apply to Job