Vacancy for Finance Officer (Turkish National Only)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association
Deadline for applications: 10/02/2021
Position: Finance Officer (Turkish National Only).
Working Area: Office.
About: IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association:
IYD is a Turkish, non-governmental, non-profit and has no political association working in various fields of humanitarian relief, development, and education.
IYD was established in early 2013 in Turkey.
IYD was registered in 2014 with a license No. (34-203/022) and it has been working according to Turkish Organizations Law No. /5253/ under the name: ULUSLARARASI INSANI YARDIMLAŞMA DERNEĞI
IYD’s offices are spread throughout Turkey and Syria as following:
- Turkey: Istanbul – Gaziantep.
- Syria: Aleppo – Idleb.
In science and work, pioneers in developing ways of life to draw smiles and instill hope.
To provide the best services to develop the affected societies, meeting the basic needs according to the international standards and within a unique ethical methodology.
- Respecting others
IYD strategic goals:
- Working on ensuring a decent life for all the affected people.
- Rehabilitation and construction of the damaged infrastructure.
- Securing the daily basic needs.
- Raising and revitalizing the capacities of the Syrian Civil Society.
Job Title: Finance Officer (Turkish National Only).
Project / Department Title: Finance.
Direct supervisor / Reports to: Finance Coordinator.
To provide and ensure consistent, timely, and accurate financial management and administration of the organization’s finances, financial systems, processes, and records in order to meet the organization’s financial goals. To assist in ensuring compliance with all appropriate regulatory, policy, and legal requirements, and to assist in securing and maintaining the long-term financial viability and stability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing Field / Sub Offices daily entries with all supporting documents before posting them on the financial software.
- Ensure compliance with the donors, local laws, and related internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure all project accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organization.
- Coordination with Field / Sub Offices / Program department maintains a system to monitor and forecast cash requirements to meet administrative and project expenditures. Establishes monthly cash requirements for the office and requests timely replenishment.
- Train and supervise finance and non-finance staff in the program.
- Responsible to prepare and submit the monthly and final financial report for each project to the finance manager for approval and onward submission to the donor.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Advises the programs and operations department on all budgetary and financial matters.
- Update internal systems with financial data.
- Reconcile bank statements and cash custodies according to financial policy.
- Assist in developing annual master budgets and project budgets together with the finance manager.
- Manage and Make sure verification of all the accounts records before the auditing process.
- Supporting the Finance Manager and executives with projects and tasks when required.
- Any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- BSc. degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Sharp time management skills.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of financial regulations in turkey.
- The ability to work in a systematic and organized manner.
- The ability to use Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint in a professional way.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational, multitasking, and time-management skills.
- Work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role for at least 4 years.
- Experience using financial software.
- Proven administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain accurate records.
Physical and personality traits required:
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaboratively with team members to achieve objectives.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration:
*We are strongly encouraging females to apply for this position.*
- Applicants should be (Turkish National Only).
- Multi-sent CVs will be ignored (please send your CV only one time at a time).
- No resume will be reviewed after the specified date for receiving CV’s to the announced vacancy.
- IYD is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- IYD does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- IYD is not able to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
- IYD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.
Apply to Job