Team Leader -Early Warning and Analysis
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Team Leader -Early Warning and Analysis
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provi de equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team (HSOT) provides the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) with humanitarian services and the UK Government’s Stabilisation Unit with stabilisation support. HSOT works with FCDO to lead the UK Government's response to humanitarian disasters in co-operation with the United Nations, the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, non-governmental organisations and governments of disaster-affected countries.
The Team leader will be responsible for the management of staff within the Early Warning, Analysis and Reporting (EWAR) Unit and the delivery of the EWAR Strategy which covers the delivery of risk moni toring, early warning and geospatial analysis, event monitoring, situation reporting, briefing materials, and contextual analysis. These outputs directly inform FCDO strategic decision making regarding global response activities, resourcing and programming across the department’s humanitarian budget.
* Provide leadership to the continued development and implementation of Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team (HSOT) strategy on Information as a Strategic Asset.
* Engage proactively with the client to identify areas of potential expansion and improvements in support of improved evidence-based decision making including risk monitoring and predictive and geospatial analysis.
* Support the implementation of UK policy priorities and seek to engage and stimulate global processes and fora related to information management, risk and needs analysis
* Provide leadership to anticipate emerging crises and respond to rapid onsets through the provision of horizon scanning and information management.
* Provide analytical humanitarian information products to inform Whitehall officials, including at Cabinet and Ministerial level.
* Provide oversight to the establishment of Geographic Information System and engage in predictive analysis, to promote adaptation and adoption in UK humanitarian response.
* Quality assure information products and processes based on continuous learning, improvements and provision of overall accountability for the information function.
* Deploy in a rapid onset response to provide humanitarian information and analysis services when relevant.
* Provide high quality line management support and guidance to line managed staff.
Required Qualifications: Candidate Requirements
* Advanced degree or equivalent qualification in a related subject
* Formal team leadership and staff management experience.
* Demonstrable experience in information management and analysis and/or related fields. Familiarity with GIS, mapping and statistical software and processes.
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of humanitarian theory, practice and architecture, humanitarian risk assessment and planning and managing humanitarian responses.
* Comprehensive experience in preparedness, early warning and response information management or a related field, preferably in complex emergency and natural disaster contexts
* Extensive knowledge of humanitarian response information tools, partners, operations of the government actors, UN and NGOs
* Extensive experience briefing senior officials, public speaking, and facilitating meetings;
* Strong practical background in emergency surveillance tools, including practical experience with multiple visualisation tools;
* Demonstrated understanding of the application of standards to the development and use of information management systems;
* Familiarity with FCDO policies, rules and priorities desirable, particularly in relation to humanitarian response and coordination, and broader humanitarian principles and priorities, including the UK humanitarian reform policy and the Grand Bargain.
The closing date for applications is 27th Jan. This is a UK based role, please apply if you have the right to work in the UK as we do not sponsor work visas.
How to apply:
Application URL: Apply Here
Apply to Job