NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Sustainability Advisor for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria. This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through the improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States. The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Senior Activity Manager, oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of the project sustainability and transition plan and milestones schedule.
- Liaise with project technical teams to review and revise activity designs to ensure maximum sustainability and ability to be transitioned to local actors.
- In consultation with government stakeholders, design and plan for innovative financing mechanisms to transfer health workers and other key interventions to government funding in the future.
- Assess both needs and capacity of government entities to take on funding and management of HIV interventions.
- Lead private sector engagements at national and sub-national levels and leverage private sector engagement support, expertise, skillsets, and resources to advance SHARP TO3 objectives and programmatic approaches towards the achievement of epidemic control.
- Develop monthly progress status narrative, success stories, and articles related to the implementation of the project sustainability agenda and PSE initiatives.
- Develop quality advocacy briefs and raise awareness of the sustainability agenda through effective communications and presentations.
- Present persuasive recommendations to government entities for increased funding and ownership of the HIV/AIDS response.
- Support the implementation of organizational capacity interventions for local partners across project states.
- Create strong collaboration and teamwork between all program units and foster a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences or related field required, Master’s degree preferred. Certification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of extensive experience working for or in close collaboration with state and local governments in Nigeria required.
- Minimum of 3 years of extensive experience in human resources for health, public sector health financing, HIV service delivery, and other key technical areas is preferred.
- Familiarity with government bodies in some or all of the Task Order 03 states (Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano, and Yobe) strongly preferred. Regularly travel to Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano, and Yobe States to provide direct support.
- Excellent influencing and networking skills with a proven ability to drive innovations and transformation initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with high-level government stakeholders.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Sustainability Advisor will report directly to the Senior Activity Manager. As teamwork is crucial to the success of the project, the Sustainability Advisor will be expected to closely coordinate with other project staff, as per direction from the Senior Activity Manager.
Location of Assignment
The location of the assignment is Abuja, Nigeria with intermittent travel throughout the country.
This position is open to applicants who are cooperating country nationals (CCNs) and eligible to work in the country of Nigeria. CCN is defined as a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply:
Please submit an electronic copy of your CV and cover letter to https://NigeriaSHARP.formstack.com/forms/530_027_sustainability_advisor by January 25, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Apply to Job