Supply Chain Officer
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
Responsible for all procurement of goods and services, Property, transportation of good and people, vehicle fleet management, and general logistics support to the programmer.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensuring all regional office procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
· Develop and maintain relevant data base.
· Procurement of all goods and services for regional office including handling regional office consultancies process and prepare the relevant document
· Oversight of all purchase and service contract to ensure DRC's interests are protected
· Vehicle fleet management include daily supervision of DRC driver and liaise with rental company
· Fixed asset management, ensuring that all assets old and new are properly recorded and tagged and perform the physical asset check
· Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes
· Prepare payment transaction with all supporting documents after delivery and ensure that payment is done according to contract terms.
· Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt.
· Participate in the joint verification of procured goods, equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to technical Specifications and Quantities for the regional office and expats houses.
· Follow up on the regional Framework agreements
· Prepare contracts of Expat Housing and Regional office and do regular check to maintain facilities within standards.
Experience and technical competencies:
· Minimum 2 year of work experience in logistics and procurement management in Humanitarian Sector
· Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
· Excellent IT skills, including experience in operating an ERP supply chain system
· Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management
· Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
· Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
· Excellent proficiency in English (required)
· Arabic (Preferred)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
· Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: Till December 31, 2021
Band: H – Non-Management
Location: Amman, Jordan
Start date: February 01, 2021
How to apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Closing date for applications: January 28, 2021
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.org
Apply to Job