Supply Chain Coordinator
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
ABOUT SYRIA CIVIL DEFENCE
The Syria Civil Defence (also known as The White Helmets) is a community-based first responder and community worker organization established as a response to the Syrian conflict. The organization has been working in non-regime-held areas inside Syria, currently joining nearly 3,000 volunteers operating through 87 community- based teams and 33 women’s points. Their work has received unparalleled levels of international recognition and support for a local organization in war, becoming a symbol of humanity and inspiration not only in Syria but internationally.
Syria Civil defence receive both governments and private funding with an annual budget of around 25 Million USD. Our Headquarter is in Syria and we operate support offices in Turkey and overseas.
We are committed to the principals of independence, humanity and impartiality. We work in accordance with the international humanitarian laws and we measure our performance by how good our teams’ civilian protection service is, as judged by the civilians we serve.
We pledge to do whatever we can, wherever we can, for as long as we can to protect the Syrian civilians and to achieve a lasting justice in Syria and for all Syrians.
SCD is an equal opportunities employer and applications are actively encouraged from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
SCOPE OF WORK
To coordinate the implementation of supply chain activities and procedures in relation to procurement, logistics and the fleet, and work to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain in meeting the requirements of rapid operation
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator
Duty Station: Gaziantep
Contracting Type: Annual employment contract.
Line Manager: Supply Chain Manager
Line management responsibility: N/A
Full/Part Time: Full time
Probation Period: 3 months
Tasks and Activities
- Contribute to the development of supply chain procedures by providing recommendations and suggestions and ensuring compliance with procedures in line with the organization’s vision.
- Manage supply chain staffs under his/her supervision, evaluating and directing them to ensure the achievement of the required results.
- Contribute to setting annual goals for staff under his/her direct supervision in line with the supply chain department’s objectives.
- Respect and implement all principles of protection from sexual exploitation and abuse, and ensuring the safeguarding of children.
- Maintain the confidentiality of work in the supply chain department at all times.
- Coordinate closely and resolve any issues arising in the Supply Chain Department as necessary or between the department and other departments, manage the flow of relevant information with the relevant stakeholders.
- Submit periodic reports regularly and incident reports when needed to the Supply Chain Department’s management.
Manage the tasks assigned to him in the Procurement and Administration units in the Supply Chain Department to provide the following services:
- Manage the market survey and build the strategic materials database used in the Civil Defense activities.
- Supervise procurement plans development and their implementation by procurement and administration units’ staff.
- Supervise the implementation and follow-up of all procurement operations carried out by Civil Defense offices in Turkey including checking their documentation and archiving.
- Manage contracts with suppliers and ensure the highest benefit for the Civil Defense when contracting in terms of price and level of service, and submitting proposals to program departments concerning contract costs.
- Manage suppliers, evaluate and participate in supplier list management.
Manage the tasks assigned to him/her in the fleet unit according to the following:
- Follow-up on the distribution of the Civil Defense offices, directorate and centers’ fleet vehicles, and accounting or them according to the approved Civil Defense’s standard distribution mechanisms for its sectors and centers.
- Measure the organization’s need for vehicles according to the standards approved in the Civil Defense, redistributing them among Civil Defense directorates, offices and centers as needed and during emergency situations, submitting proposals to do this effect to the supply chain department and the organization’s administration.
- Ensure that all vehicle and fleet maintenance operations are carried out in coordination with the Procurement Unit and raise requests to purchase parts with their correct and accurate specifications in coordination with the specialists in vehicle maintenance workshops.
- Ensure the provision, receipt and delivery of materials and parts of vehicles purchased or in need of maintenance in cooperation with the logistics unit.
- Track stored fleet materials and stock levels in coordination with the logistics unit.
- Manage the periodic check of the status of vehicles and send vehicles that need maintenance, whether emergency or periodic, while taking this into account during planning of the movement of fleet vehicles.
- Supervise the fleet staffs' implementation of the conventional and emergency transportation plans for the fleet vehicles to ensure their systematic readiness for Civil Defense activities and operations.
- Supervise the tracking of the Civil Defense fleet’s vehicles while performing its tasks according to the available capacity in the area of work in accordance with the approved fleet procedures.
Manage the tasks assigned by the Logistics unit according to the following:
- Follow up and ensure the implementation of the transportation and storage plans approved for each logistical operation and coordinate with the units and departments related with the operation to ensure its success in accordance with the procedures approved by the organization
- Follow-up warehouse and inventory requirements and minimum and upper levels and maintain the sustainability of stock availability for operations according to the supply and inventory plan.
- Cross-border operations (follow up of all operations at borders including customs, transportation, etc.).
- Implement and follow-up all kinds of maintenance plans and operations according to the procedures approved for maintenance in the Civil Defense.
- Note: The above-mentioned responsibilities are illustrative ones. Other future responsibilities may be assigned to the job depending on the Civil Defense’s organizational chart.
Required Qualifications Education, Experience
- University degree in Business Administration or other related fields.
- 4 years of experience in the field of supply chain, preferably experience in non-governmental organizations, including one year of supervisory experience.
Mother tongue Arabic and advanced level of English as well as good level of Turkish.**Desirable**
Master of Business Administration or other related fields.
5 years of experience in the field of supply chain and preferably experience in non-governmental organizations, including two years of supervisory experience.
Advanced Turkish language level.
- Planning and Organizing
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Stakeholders Orientation
- Technological Awareness.
Supervision/ Leadership Competencies:
- Empowering Others
- Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Skills using electronic supply chain programs
- Experience in supply chain procedures and policies across sectors
- Ability to plan supply chain activities
- Experience working in international non-governmental organizations or NGOs
- Experience related to tendering, procurement and long-term contracting
- Work experience in a conflict environment related to procurement procedures
- Experience in change management and resolving contradictions
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application form on this link and attach your CV and a covering letter explaining your background, suitability for the role and interest in what we do.
Closing date for application: 27th January 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the required job qualifications will be contacted.
Apply to Job