Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement and Fleet Management
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH, Governance and peacebuilding, GBV, Nutrition, education and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant is responsible assisting the Supply Chain Officer on, Procurement and Fleet management, of IRC operations in Mogadishu office. He/She will work closely with the program staff and operation at the field office.
The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for the support procurement and fleet management implementation activities. The Supply Chain Assistant assists the Supply Chain Officer to ensuring all program procurement needs and plans are met on time in accordance with GSC and donors’ standards.
- Procurement of program and office supplies for IRC Mogadishu office, including specifications, quotes, ordering, packing, storage and transportation of supplies to the program sites and other IRC office.
- Keep updated supplier database (files and lists) for Mogadishu office
- Prepare Request for Quotations and share from the prequalified supplier list.
- Prepare payment requests of the completed transactions and submit to finance.
- Maintain contract data base and ensures execution of procurement contracts and renewal is done in timely fashion
- Assist the Supply Chain Officer on compiling week procurement tracking update.
- Assist in leading tender processes and ensure reasonable and appropriate lead-time for all procurement of program supplies and delivery of goods to the program sites.
- Ensure compliance to the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures at the field level.
- Maintain filing system for the procurement per grant and keep all files of supply chain updated.**
- Ensure the Implementation of IRC Fleet policies in Mogadishu field office.
- Ensure all IRC rented vehicles are in good condition, fueled, well maintained and clean.
- Ensure IRC rented vehicles drivers have valid driving license and other necessary documents.
- Compile weekly movement plan from sectors, consolidate and share with the SCO
- Allocate vehicles to daily assignments and monitor
- Issue vehicle use request form/slip to requestor and collect from drivers on daily basis
- Conduct weekly vehicles check, fill vehicle inspection form and file
- Ensure drivers deposit keys at the security at night
- Ensure that vehicle onboard documents are complete and collect waiver forms on monthly basis
- Ensure travelling staff in/out have their pick/drop on time
- Check vehicle log sheets and file on monthly basis
- Any other necessary activity assigned by your supervisor
- Monthly vehicle usage report
- Ad-hoc report as required
These are the soft skills for the desired candidate.
- Good mathematical skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, inter-personal, writing, and communication skills required.
- Good computer skills (Complete MS Office package and any database management and analysis)
- At least Diploma business administration and accounting.
- Minimum 2 years work in logistics and store management.
- Experience in procurement and logistics management.
- Knowledge on stores management and inventory reporting.
- Excellent organizational, communication, inter-personal, writing, and communication skills required and computer literacy.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently. and cooperatively with team members.
How to apply:
You can apply through the following link:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Apply to Job