Strategy and Policy Planning Analyst
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The position is based in the Strategy and Policy Planning Unit (DGO-SP) of the Office of the Director-General supports the Director-General in strengthening strategic and policy coherence, improving knowledge management, and coordinating institutional monitoring and reporting.
Under the supervision of the Chief, Strategy and Policy Planning Unit, and in collaboration with other team members, the Strategy and Policy Planning Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Conduct research and analysis on issues related to IDLO’s mandate and policy priorities
- Maintain the integrated organizational calendar for IDLO and updating it periodically with inputs from relevant departments and offices
- Support the organization of interdepartmental coordination meetings on strategy policy, advocacy and related areas, including by providing secretariat support
- Contribute to the drafting of institutional reports to donors and IDLO’s governing bodies
- Contribute to the organization of governance meetings, public events, webinars etc. as needed
- Assist in the administration and overall functioning of DGO-SP and the Office of the Director-General.
- Performing other related duties as requested by the supervisor.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Work Experience
- Advanced university degree in international development, economics, sustainable development, social science or related field (second university degree or higher).
- At least 2 years of specialized professional experience in law, public policy, international development or related field at the national and international level.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
- Knowledge of Spanish, French, Arabic, or Russian will be an asset.
- Excellent understanding of issues related to rule of law, access to justice, human rights, sustainable development, and other related issues;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Strong oral presentation, communication, writing, networking ability, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work across the organization, departments and field offices;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use computer and Microsoft office programs and other electronic sources in research activities.
- Keeps abreast of all institutional developments to prepare appropriate reports, background notes, and other documentation as required.
- Good team player, keen to learn, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable working in multi-cultural settings;
- An ability to work on multiple different projects at once while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail;
- Organization skills, excellent time management, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this professional internationally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract for 24 months, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of EUR 36,000 and a benefits package including provident fund contribution, medical insurance, leave entitlements in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Relocation and installation support are also available for internationally recruited employees.
Salaries and benefits paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy. IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or of any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
How to apply:
Applications will be received through the following link:
Apply to Job