Senior Reporting Officer (National Position)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
General job description
the Senior Reporting Officer will ensure timely and high-quality Donors reporting to all Action Against Hunger projects in prescribed formats and in accordance to contracts’ requirements.
for more information about our work in Syria please go to https://www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es/oriente-proximo/siria
Objective 1:To prepare timely and high-quality reports to all projects in prescribed formats; (monthly, progress - quarterly/bi-annual, and final) in prescribed templates and provide guidance on compliance with AAH and donor’s rules and guidelines. This is done through:
- Consolidate and analyze information on projects implementation and indicators for operational reports.
- With the inputs of the Program Team ,the Senior Reporting Officer will compile, consolidate, and analyze field level information on projects implementation and indicators for the formulation of concise and coherent narrative operational reports (progress – quarterly/biannual-, and final) to international donors, in accordance to the prescribed formats.
- With the inputs of the Finance and Logistics teams, cross check that the information reported in the narrative report of each report (monthly, progress – quarterly/biannual, and final) match the information reported in the financial statement.
- Ensure concision, coherence, clarity as well as grammatical and spelling accuracy of all projects-related documentation.
Objective 2: To support in monitoring reporting requirements and tracking deadlines through managing and updating the database by:
- Ensuring the matching between the signed reporting calendar (contracts) and the reporting database.
- Preparing the reporting calendar tables for internal dissemination and deadlines.
- To support in uploading and updating the database , after the submission of each report
Objective 3 When necessary, to support the formulation of project-proposals under the supervision of line manager.
- In close coordination with the Grant Writer the Senior Reporting Officer will provide support in writing specific sections (chapters, paragraphs, etc.) of project proposal (to be evaluated case by case) including designing logical frameworks
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Humanitarian/development aid, international relations, political science, law, communications, English Literature or related field.
At least 2 years as Reporting Officer or similar (i.e. Project Officer, Communication Officer)
Effective Report Writing, Project Cycle Management, Data analysis, WASH basic concepts, FSL basic concepts, Nutrition/Health basic concepts.
Knowledge of reporting mechanisms and strong critical analysis and problem-solving skills.
International Donor’s regulations and financial knowledge a plus.
Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts and familiarity with the humanitarian context in Syria is an advantage
English (excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills); Arabic (excellent speaking skills)
Excellent Computer skills and full ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point, Internet and e-mail skills
Contract period: 6 months contracts, renewable based on Action Against Hunger fund and performance.
Salary/benefits: According to Action Against Hunger's salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty station: Damascus
Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted.
-Applications will be assessed and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability. * The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.
How to apply:
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
-Applications will be assessed and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.
Apply to Job