Senior MEAL Officer (for Nationals only)
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
Starting date : March 2021
Duty station : Amudat
Reports to : Project Manager
Date of posting : 19th January 2021
We are here for our neighbours in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
In Uganda, ZOA has offices in Kampala, West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Nwoya), and Karamoja (Amudat). ZOA Uganda works both in relief and recovery on the themes of food security & livelihoods, WASH, primary/accelerated/vocational education, and conflict management with a special focus on land security.
ZOA is looking for a:
Senior MEAL Officer
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer-Education is responsible for supporting strengthening of the MEAL system, data collection and monitoring and ensuring quality implementation of project/program interventions in Amudat District, specifically for the EMBRACE education project.
- The Senior MEAL Officer, with support from Project Manager/s, will be responsible for the day to day M&E activities of the project assigned to him/her;
- The Senior MEAL Officer-Education, is technically supervised by the ZOA MEAL Coordinator.
Tasks, responsibilities, results
- Monitor implementation of project activities in line with the project proposal to achieve optimal project outputs and outcomes in line with ZOA/donor procedures and targets;
- Strengthen capacity of project/program team in conducting result oriented basic monitoring and evaluation approaches;
- Accounts timely for executed project activities in line with and according to relevant ZOA policies and guidelines;
- Ensures project outputs are consistent with project proposals, log frames and in line with quality standards and country policies;
- Oversees and ensures implementation is in line with standards and policies of both ZOA and the Government of Uganda;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the project.
- Provide inputs to implementation of plans and activity/monthly reports;
- Identify, document lessons learned and best practices;
- Prepare and submit well written success stories;
- Contribute to project reports or implementation plans as required by supervisor;
- Collect monitoring data according to ZOA’s systems and activities in the project;
- Ensure availability and utilization of data collection tools and databases.
Knowledge & Experience:
- University degree in statistics, social sciences, economics or related field, with background in Monitoring and Evaluation;
- At least 2 – 3 years of successful experience in a similar position implementing related projects;
- Excellent facilitation, communication skills and writing ability;
- Familiar with use of different statistical data analysis software;
- Experience in education projects and ASER/EGMA/EGRA tools and INEE standards is an added advantage;
- Experience with implementing projects funded by institutional donors is an added advantage;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English, Kiswahili is an added advantage.
- Good communication, writing and facilitation skills;
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic;
- Good computer skills: Ms Excel, Ms Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to design data collection tool both paper based and Mobile based form (Kobo)
- Self-motivator, able to work under minimum supervision;
- Ability to drive a motorcycle with valid driving/riding license.
- Commitment to ZOA’s mission, vision and values (see https://www.zoa-international.com/corporate-identity/);
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment;
- Aims to integrate and reflect Christian values in relief and rehabilitation work.
- Ability to ride a motor bike to hard to reach locations of project implementation.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the form below.
CV’s of no more than 2 pages in length and Cover Letter of 1 page are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.
Qualified female candidates and or individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Apply to Job