Senior Finance and Compliance Coordinator
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions of the country program including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the - team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Senior Finance and Compliance Manager, he/she will ensure the accuracy and completeness of Mercy Corps accounting records and will have primary responsibility for managing the monthly accounting cycle and the routine daily accounting tasks in the Syria Program together with the Senior Finance and Compliance Manager. he/she will provide support to the Finance and Compliance unit on the following job specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Management of SY accounting operations by ensuring all financials transactions recorded and posted on time, complete, accurate and properly safeguarded.
- Provide technical support to finance teams in the field offices related to accounting/navigator duties.
- Review and post all financial transactions and ensure that all in comply with MC & donors rules and regulations.
- Manage the month end closing process and submit of the monthly accounting reports to MC Headquarters, including general ledger files, HQ package and other financial information
- Review the monthly amortization process of prepayments.
- Review and reconcile the monthly-accrued expenses.
- Review the monthly outstanding advances and perform aging analysis and ensure that all outstanding advances are settled and cleared on time
- Review intercompany account reconciliation and ensure they are cleared from the country ledger plus any other transit accounts
- Review GL entries with the BVA team and follow up in the required adjustment.
- Support Sub-award team in term of GJ adjustment and HQ reconciliations.
- Review balance sheet accounts reconciliation on a monthly basis and advice for any corrections or alignment.
- Review of Payroll and checking its compliance with MC policies and required local standards.
- Approve and Review EXPATS timesheets on Data basic.
- Manage year-end closing and prepare all needed report to HQ.
- Manage remote banking function for all payment inside SY through Wells Fargo bank, and coordinate with HQ and filed team to ensure timely processing of payments.
- Mange the cash flow projection and receiving funds from HQ.
- Daily review of payments requests, Procurement packages, HR process, IMTA orders and Activity Budgets as per approved AAM
- Ensure all hubs are providing timely, accurate, and appropriate submission of financials transactions in accordance with the agreed deadlines and MC policy.
- Reviewing IMTA packages (electronic and hard copies), and make sure to maintain a good lead-time, with proper documentation on shared Gmail.
- Manage and follow-up on IMTA tracker and reconciliation with IMTA statements
- Ensure IMTA tracker is up-to-date and all order reimbursed on time.
- Maintain filing and archiving system for all financial records, ensure that financial records filled as per MC procedures.
- Work closely with operations, procurement before the grants closure period is coming to an end, ensure that all the required closeout procedures are met.
- Work closely with the program team in ensuring all the required documentations are in place before the closure of the grants.
- Provide all the required support during internal/external/donor audit periods.
- Any other task that might be reasonably assigned by the supervisor.
II. Personal Leadership
- Consistently demonstrate flexibility, resilience and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure, even under difficult circumstances.
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate an awareness of his/her own strengths and development needs.
Accountability: Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Organizational Learning: As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve - we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Three direct reports all based in Amman - 1AFO/1FO /2 SFO
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO:
Senior Finance and Compliance Manager.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH:
With all CFU members, PALM/Operations unit, Program Team Members, and field level finance colleagues
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A BA/S or equivalent in accounting or finance required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 to 7 years of progressive financial management experience is required.
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience in grants management from diverse donor source, as well as an understanding of key institutional donor regulations such USAID, DFID, EC, ECHO is required.
- Strong fund accounting skills and thorough understanding of internal controls and compliance system is required; auditing experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of good practices of NGO financial management and financial and procurement policies and procedures and is required;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required;
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
The successful candidate will have an ability to interact effectively across international and national program and finance teams successfully, both in a managerial as well as training capacity. S/he will be able to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful financial information, have a demonstrated ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities. An impeccable professional standard of finance and procurement ethics and the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential. The Senior Compliance Coordinator must be willing to travel regularly to Mercy Corps field offices and project sites. The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Submit your application on: Apply Here
Deadline to apply for this position: 21 Jan, 2021
*If you are interested, kindly apply as soon as possible, since resumes will be reviewed on rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the submission deadline.
“Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of Mercy Corps’ vision, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, especially women, to apply.”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply to Job