Senior Director, Regional Business Development - Latin America & Carribean
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
This is a senior management position that plays a key role in contributing to the company's growth strategy and world-wide impact with a focus on the company's growth in a designated region. The Senior Director, Regional Business Development develops and maintains strong USG and other donor/client relationships with a specific regional presence and contributes to the activities and products of capture and proposal teams to win new business in the assigned region. The incumbent also interfaces with senior program, business development, and external partners to develop and implement strategies and plans for successful opportunity capture and bid development within the region. Work involves resourcing capture teams and ensuring viable win strategies and readiness for proposals, as well as working with program and cross-divisional technical subject matter experts, contracts, pricing, knowledge management, communications, and talent acquisition.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Senior Director, Regional Business Development works under direction and reports to the Senior Vice President of Business Development. The position supervises a team of business development managers/coordinators for a specific region and regularly interacts with S/VPs, Practice Area Directors, and BD Managers/Liaisons within the program divisions, as well as corporate support departments.
- Established and well-defined strategy that aligns business development and technical units for successful bid development
- Measurable growth in assigned region that meets or exceeds annual targets
- Strengthened relationships with priority donors (USAID), as well as new and existing partners
- Mentorship and development of BD staff.
- Contributes to the identification, prioritization and qualification of a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align with Creative's program and business objectives within the region, and serve as an entry point for the evaluation of new partner opportunities specifically, within USAID, DOS, DFID, World Bank and other international development funders.
- Leads their respective Regional Business Development team, driving efforts to ensure Creative is aligned with, and informing, market and client priorities.
- Contributes to and executes new business development strategy for a regional portfolio.
- Analyzes regional business portfolio trends and strategic activities of new market entry, expansion, or business model design; leads ongoing market strategy for regional business portfolio, multi-year planning activities, and long-term bid pipeline to drive growth objectives.
- Acts as a key expert on current knowledge and understanding of relevant policies, news, and industry trends within the region, including host-country policies and initiatives.
- Takes a lead role in client and industry partner visits; understands current and emerging customer needs and requirements; seeks out competitive intelligence pertaining to targeted pursuits.
- Directs end-to-end capture and proposal development within regional business portfolio to include quality capture plans, well-resourced teams and bid budgets, bid/no bid decisions, proposal solutioning, and bid package development.
- Evaluates the assessment of company's capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses for each pursuit in the regional pipeline and oversee capture team's development of the company's win strategy.
- Leads high interest target captures and live proposals, when needed.
- Contributes to value-add-teaming strategies and competitively priced-to-win structures and solutions; envisions and directs development of region-wide partnership strategies, including new local, U.S. small business, and private sector partners for consideration.
- Envisions and contributes to region-wide recruitment strategy to staff new bid opportunities.
- Oversees the development and implementation of marketing and positioning plans to enhance win probability (including, region-wide, country level, and bid specific, as needed).
Develops, mentors, trains and/or supervises BD leadership and staff.
Master's degree in International Relations, International Development and at least 15 years of relevant experience;
Expert technical knowledge of business development; at least seven years of senior supervisory experience in leading successful business development initiatives on proposals of at least $50M in funding;
Excellent skills in writing, editing, research, and communications;
Excellent meeting facilitation skills;
Commitment to international development and to values-driven work environment.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge of and expertise in the international development industry;
- Proficiency in a second language, preferably Spanish, French, or Arabic
- Experience using SharePoint
How to apply:
Apply to Job