Senior Associate - Engagement & Partnerships
NGO Jobs / UN Jobs Vacancy
The Organization You Want to Work For
Development Gateway (DG) is an international nonprofit organization that creates innovative information management and data visualization technology, implements data-focused programs, and conducts research and evaluation to further sustainable development: developmentgateway.org
Our core focus areas are Resource Management (open contracting and procurement, aid management, and extractives); Effective Service Delivery (agriculture, health, data management systems, monitoring/evaluation/learning); and Data Strategy & Policy (including results data, data standards, and open data advocacy).
We are a creative and dynamic group of people based around the globe. We value hard work, innovative thinking, a commitment to teamwork, and a good sense of humor. This position may be based anywhere the applicant is legally able to live and work. However, candidates must be able to overlap at least 4 working hours with Washington, DC. If located outside of the United States, candidates may be considered for a consultant position.
The Elevator Pitch
The Senior Associate - Engagement & Partnerships will join the Engagement & Partnerships team and will be responsible for targeting business development opportunities, building relationships, and leading development of proposals for new work. Our projects include (i) implementations of data management, visualization and dissemination tools, (ii) evaluating and strengthening the decision-support environment for data use, and (iii) applied research on how data and technology influence development and policy.
In this role, you will build on the experience of a dynamic team and use your passion for good writing to matchmake DG and its future clients. A wide degree of creativity, latitude, and responsibility is expected.
The Work You Get To Do
· Leads individual proposal development processes, including technical, personnel, and financial elements. This includes working with Operations and Software Development teams to get appropriate information.
· Writes proposal inputs that are both tailored for the specific opportunity and practical in what DG is able to achieve. Edits written inputs from various sources to ensure a unified voice.
· Hosts internal brainstorming and methodology development sessions to determine proposal approach, leveraging DG experience.
· Builds relationships with the DG team to understand internal strengths and capabilities for proposal development support.
· Adheres to and refines internal processes to make proposal development more efficient and effective.
· Works closely within the Engagement & Partnerships team, as well as the wider DG team to identify opportunities that fit within DG’s strategic vision.
· Supports policy engagement in DG’s strategic areas.
The Education and Experience You Have and We Need
· Excellent written English is a must for this role. Candidates must be able to demonstrate content development and editing skills.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Candidates from all academic majors are encouraged to apply.
· 3+ years experience in business development, proposal writing, policy analysis, grant writing, or communications.
· Experience in the fields of technology development, or data for international development is a plus.
· Fluency in English required; fluency in French, Spanish, Kiswahili, or another language a significant advantage.
· Proven track record of working with diverse and distributed teams and under time constraints a must.
Gourmet chefs welcome, but more importantly:
· You are organized and able to ensure that every “i” is dotted. You use these organizational skills to handle a broad and unpredictable workload, meet deadlines and work under your own initiative.
· You are able to simultaneously prioritize quality and completion of tasks.
· You get excited about finding the best way to phrase an idea or communicate a point. You know that ten words are often better than fifty. You like bringing an idea to life for a reader. You can turn jargon into clarity.
· You get energized by winning and enjoy getting things done while maintaining an upbeat work environment.
· You have strong problem solving skills and are known for your commitment to continuous product and process improvement.
· You can communicate easily with both technical and non-technical staff and maintain good communication with our geographically dispersed team.
· You can work effectively both autonomously and as a great teammate, influencing others' attitudes and behaviors through example.
For those located within the US, the projected salary for this position is between $60,000 and $70,000 annually, plus benefits. For those outside the US, market range is dependent upon the location of the successful applicant. If outside the US, this will be a term-limited consultancy contract.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and lived experience. We strongly encourage applications from people whose identities are underrepresented in the sectors where DG works. DG does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 12th. Please mention “Senior Associate - Engagement & Partnerships” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply to Job